GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000F
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any suggestions for an adjustable rear set, I feel I ride with my feet to far forward an pointed down. I wanted to try a different foot position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does any one have any suggestions for an adjustable rear set, I feel I ride with my feet to far forward an pointed down. I wanted to try a different foot position.
I have the Hotbodies MGP Rearsets. The lowest and farthest forward position on them is about 1cm higher and 1.5cm further back than stock, and they can adjust another 1.5cm rearward and 3cm upward. They're not as nice quality as something like Woodcraft but they're decent. They come with folding pegs which is nice for the street but not ideal for the track, and they are designed to work with the original brake light switch, which a lot of the nicer rearsets aren't. They weigh about the same as the stock rearsets, slightly lighter but not by much. I got them on sale for a little under $200 a while back and at that price I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rearsets are an expensive way to go. On a gsxr1000 I had I bought some rearset aluminum plates on eBay which fit the gsxr and gave me an inch back, up and down. I drilled other holes in the aluminum which gave me other positions.

If you can’t find the plates anywhere that fit, you could try a machine shop. Pretty simple work for them to make you a set.

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000F
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rearsets are an expensive way to go. On a gsxr1000 I had I bought some rearset aluminum plates on eBay which fit the gsxr and gave me an inch back, up and down. I drilled other holes in the aluminum which gave me other positions.

If you can’t find the plates anywhere that fit, you could try a machine shop. Pretty simple work for them to make you a set.
I have thought about making my own adjustment plates, I do like the stock rear set. I also have done a lot of machine work so it would be pretty easy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have thought about making my own adjustment plates, I do like the stock rear set. I also have done a lot of machine work so it would be pretty easy.
Then I’d definitely say do it and save your money. I certainly had no complaints comfort wise. Painted black no one even noticed the plate was there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a bad hip and I need some rear sets that go forward and down. All the aftermarket ones only go back and up... is a custom bracket my only option?

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000F
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a bad hip and I need some rear sets that go forward and down. All the aftermarket ones only go back and up... is a custom bracket my only option?
I think it is you might be able to find t on eBay if you look hard enough, I will be making my own custom blocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts