GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
MRA Touring windscreen is not effective. I already installed on motorcycle and incoming too much wind on helmet. After 120 km/h is uncomfortable, can't drive fast with it. For GSX-S1000
****, I wish I paid attention earlier but I didn't know the MRA touring handlebar mount is going to use all 4 handlebar clamp bolts. I thought it used just the top 2 bolts like the racing screen. The Toby steering damper I plan to install uses the bottom 2 handlebar clamp bolts so I'm guessing they won't fit together.

Edit: Does the windscreen bracket only attach to the handlebar clamp and not the front headlight cowl assembly? If that's the case, maybe I can use some type of spacer for the top clamp bolts and still be able to use the steering damper bracket for the bottom clamp bolts.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Powerbronze double bubble provides the best compromise between looks and protection.

I have tried the Suzuki touring screen and instrument cowl together with the MRA touring. both work very well, the Suzuki being the best but very expensive. While they are great screens for serious mile munching in all weathers they do have an oversized alien head aspect that I dont particularly like.
That powerbronze looks the best iv'e seen. Looks like i'll be putting in an order for one. Thanks :)

You can improve wind blast on both the naked or faired but it's always a compromise. And it will never be great at it.
I never understood those who purchase our bike and spend good money ruining the looks, ergos and dynamics.
Suzuki never claimed it to be a tourer from launch, they even stated that it is a comfortable sports bike for the rider over 40.
Seeing huge panniers, top boxes, screens etc added to it makes me cringe.
There are plenty of bikes made just for that purpose, sport touring. The Yamaha FJR1300 comes to mind.

Not knocking those who go that route. Just seems a little counter intuitive to me. But then again, i haven't made the over 40 bracket yet :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are plenty of bikes made just for that purpose, sport touring. The Yamaha FJR1300 comes to mind.
It does, but by comparison it's big and heavy. I love my naked and my FJR, but the F would make a really really good "I can only have one bike" motorcycle. Having the FJR, I've come to love hard luggage for touring. If someone made hard luggage for the F and you put a decent seat and screen on it, the bike would do it all really well. It'd be perfect for hitting the road from Texas to the area around the Dragon. Drop your hard luggage at your hotel and to rip it up. Then after spending a few days collecting speeding tickets from the fine states of Tennessee and North Carolina, you can load up for the ride home.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It does, but by comparison it's big and heavy. I love my naked and my FJR, but the F would make a really really good "I can only have one bike" motorcycle. Having the FJR, I've come to love hard luggage for touring. If someone made hard luggage for the F and you put a decent seat and screen on it, the bike would do it all really well. It'd be perfect for hitting the road from Texas to the area around the Dragon. Drop your hard luggage at your hotel and to rip it up. Then after spending a few days collecting speeding tickets from the fine states of Tennessee and North Carolina, you can load up for the ride home.
Exactly why I chose the F. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
MRA Touring windscreen is not effective. I already installed on motorcycle and incoming too much wind on helmet. After 120 km/h is uncomfortable, can't drive fast with it. For GSX-S1000
****, I wish I paid attention earlier but I didn't know the MRA touring handlebar mount is going to use all 4 handlebar clamp bolts. I thought it used just the top 2 bolts like the racing screen. The Toby steering damper I plan to install uses the bottom 2 handlebar clamp bolts so I'm guessing they won't fit together.

Edit: Does the windscreen bracket only attach to the handlebar clamp and not the front headlight cowl assembly? If that's the case, maybe I can use some type of spacer for the top clamp bolts and still be able to use the steering damper bracket for the bottom clamp bolts.
.MRA will send you another bolts.
You have have space between MRA clamps and Handlebar clamp. When I can will add original montage instructions with pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm 1.70 m tall.

Dont think any screen on the naked version will be much more than a wind deflector. for protection you need the F model ansd even then the screen is a little close and low!.
You are very right. I that want to explain .
Possible every time when you even raide will incoming wind on helmet and body because that's motorcycle.
With cabriolet cars is many more better. 🙂🙂🙂

·
Registered
30 Posts

Does the windscreen bracket only attach to the handlebar clamp with MRA clamps and 4 bolts long size + 4 scrolls.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Does the windscreen bracket only attach to the handlebar clamp with MRA clamps and 4 bolts long size + 4 scrolls.
Possible even not used 2 pcs. scrolls and put together there all clamps.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts