GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Have recently purchased a GSX S1000 and am enjoying it a lot.

BUT the factory clutch lever not being adjustable is a pain in the neck. It is far too long in release for me and i want to change it to something adjustable.

I have found various options for our bikes but i am not sure if any of these will allow the use of the factory clutch switch which operates the idle up function when releasing the releasing the clutch.

Has anyone fitted aftermarket adjustable levers to their bike and can elaborate?

Attached is the type i was looking at purchasing.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,

BUT the factory clutch lever not being adjustable is a pain in the neck. It is far too long in release for me and i want to change it to something adjustable.

I have found various options for our bikes but i am not sure if any of these will allow the use of the factory clutch switch which operates the idle up function when releasing the releasing the clutch.

Has anyone fitted aftermarket adjustable levers to their bike and can elaborate?

I purchased these from Amazon:

They fit perfectly and hit the micro like the OEM levers. Very happy with them. They look just like the ones in your picture.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hello everyone,

Don't get a short lever for the clutch side as it gets quite painfull in traffic. And a direct lever replacement should not affect the idle up feature. I got these Suzuki GSX-S1000/F/ABS 2015 Short Adjustable Brake & Clutch CNC Levers Gold | eBay

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have some from eBay and they fit without any issues

eBay item number: 322000200100

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the shorty on the clutch side. I like it and fatigue hasn't been an issue. :)
I struggle in heavy traffic whilst filtering when I'm having to stop because the cars deliberately block you. Admittedly this only accounts for about 5-10% of my riding but it's a problem for me none the less. Problem is made worse by the high idle in 1st gear doing 11mph. If I could turn the idle feature off whilst the bike is moving then I'd be OK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your responses.

I will order the ones i was looking at and the clutch switch should still operate as factory.

Will update once fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had them fitted for some time now and this has been the best sub $100 i have ever spent.

The only issue i had with fitment was the brake lever would not return back to rest fully each time as the coating made the lever slightly too high. A small bit of sanding in this area alleviated this. Perfect contact with the clutch switch also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went with these- ebay item 301972577684

Particularly liked the logo on the lever blade.

Further 15% off £15.89 shipped

Got the long levers in black with black adjusters.As mentioned i too have had issues in the past with short clutch levers giving me arm pump and having to exert more pressure on the front brake.(you live and learn)

Will give a review on fit and finish when they arrive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Picked up a set of gold shorty's from amazon couple of months back. I like them works great for me. Adjustable and no problem fitting them.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Arrived today, just 6 days after order from China photos to follow when they're fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, what can I say! these do not fit the GSXS, oh well, £20 gone and lesson learned
- clutch
And the brake will never work either as the shape is totally different.
Going to look for proper ones now ho hum

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have some from eBay and they fit without any issues

eBay item number: 322000200100

These fit the 2015 gsxs1000? If they do, they're definitely worth the punt at that price!

I bought a pair as well on the recommendation on this thread and just found the same when I tried to fit them ?
Spindle bush size is different for a start!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts