GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any photos of aftermarket indicators fitted to their F, especially the front? I recall that back in my SV1000 days (which have the same shaped base on the indicator) that it wasn't easy to find something that would fit in the recess on the fairing and still look decent.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been looking for nice flush mount front indicators for my f model but no one seems to do them. I really like the look and design that is on the z1000sx.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have fitted after market indicators to the front. I looked for a converter/blanking plate for the shaped hole in the faring but failed to find anything so i made two metal plates modeled on the shape of the original indicators. I drilled the correct sized hole in this plate to be able to fit after market indicators and i wrapped the part in carbon fiber wrap. I was quite pleased with the result. I just looked and i haven't taken a close up of this but if you want i can do so tonight after work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Exactly....the holes are slightly different than found on a GSXR and the blanking plates found on-line and from vendors such as Rizoma are difficult to use at best do to their incomplete coverage.

I've fitted Rizoma Zeros in the front and Actions in rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mythic. On my SV, I ended up cutting the old indicator stalks with a hobby knife flush with the base, and fitted my new indicators inside the holes in the rubber bases (just screwed them in, in fact). I have no intention of cutting up my new OEM ones this time, so I'll look for an old set (as long as they have nice bases) and do that again. I'll post photos of mine too.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
when you remove stock indicators on the from of the "F" model it leaves big shaped holes in the fairing so you need something to convert from the big holes to the standard small holes. so to answer your question you need something when i did it the kits were not available so i made something but from what i read above there are plastic bits made for the job now available so you have the choice.

I dont know what the situation is for the naked version

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a set of indicators on my SV 1000 that was fitted by the bike shop that had the exact shape of the base on the fairing and fitted flush, looked great, see if I have a photo to post.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you have a picture??

I had a set of indicators on my SV 1000 that was fitted by the bike shop that had the exact shape of the base on the fairing and fitted flush, looked great, see if I have a photo to post.
And does the sv650 sv1000 adapter posted a few messages back from ebay fits??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts