GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been meaning to replace my mirrors for a while because I can't get them in a good position to see much more than my arms most of the time.

But after a near miss last night I figure it's time. Was just turning into my neighborhood (signaled turn well before) to end the ride when some drunk or otherwise distracted driver decided I should end my ride a little sooner than that even. As I just began my turn, I heard some screeching tires behind me. I didn't even bother looking behind, traffic was light and I knew what was about to happen. I just put the bike straight and grabbed a bunch of throttle, overshooting my turn a bit but still managing to get off the road. I look back and the car behind me finally comes to a stop about a car length beyond the street I turned from.

And this incident just made me realize how bad these mirrors are in that I've been getting myself too comfortable with not using them enough. I normally always watch my mirrors at stoplights, before turns, etc.

So, anyone got any recommendations on some good bar-ends that aren't just for looks?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I know there's been other threads on this but they seem to be old and mirror sets come and go in terms of availability.

Here is what I'm looking at so far. Both seem to be of decent quality, CNC machined aluminum. From the listings they all claim various grades of Aluminum, glass quality, etc. Who knows what you will actually end up with, though they do seem to at least definitely come with an anti-glare coating. But, I have been pleasantly surprised with the quality of the other CNC aluminum China stuff I've already bought.

China Mirror Option 1

China Mirror Option 2

In typical Chinese fashion, both sets of mirrors can be found from various resellers on this site for 2-3 times the price of the ones I'm linking. There are some cheaper versions of the ones I listed by a few bucks but they're usually the plain black. I figure I will end up buying both of these mirror sets since they're cheap enough, unless someone posts something. Hopefully I wont end up with the QA rejects by going cheap.

I am looking at this style over the lower profile ones as it seems to me having to look down to see behind me and taking my peripheral view off the road would defeat the purpose, so I want the mirrors to be up at least to partial stock mirror height. If anyone has any other ideas for mirrors to check out let me know. I'm not opposed on price as long as it's not blatant fleecing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts