GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me about the air box mod I hear people talking about , something about removing something ,I can't find the original post . what difference does it make ?. Cheers in advance lads .

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can someone explain to me about the air box mod I hear people talking about , something about removing something ,I can't find the original post . what difference does it make ?. Cheers in advance lads .
Remove the airbox lid and filter, you will see a plastic piece that guides the air but also restricts the flow, it is held in by 4 or 6 screws from memory. Remove it and save the screws for another job if you need them.
Refit the filter and lid. Your good to go, You'll hear more induction roar now the plate is removed.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi Dylan,
Here's the link to that Thread: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuki-gsxs-1000-maintenance/29330-airbox-restrictor-plate-pics-without.html

Perhaps you and other newer Members need a quick intro on using the Forum search engine, as it's quite good.

Over on the right hand side above the Recent Discussions and Premium Vendor Showcase banners, but you need to be logged to see this function. The blue google button in the Google Custom Search box (which is the external w.w.w. google.com only) , clicking on the blue g icon gives you then a choice of VB Search.
Use this one, as it's the Forum Internal Search engine. Just type in 'airbox' and your in like Flynn.

If you are in Australia, it will tell you also where to find a cold VB beer.
That's Victorian Bitter for the those who live in the Deep South of Au, who are not enlightened of the pleasure's of drinking Our XXXX Beer from up North in Sunny Queensland.;)

Rob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts