GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what filter fits as k&n said no at the moment and someone on YouTube said they have a pipercross filter but it's not on their website ????

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got an email from pipercross UK and they said they don't make an air filter for the gsxs1000 at the moment so the YouTube video telling porkys

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm going to guess that the airbox for GSX-S is shared with other models as it makes no sense to design a brand new airbox for one bike.
GSX-R filter would be my guess the GSR airbox is different so that rules that out.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
This one may be different as it was designed by Suzuki to make a noise!
There is a thin baffle? plate in the bottom under the filter which appears to do very little except perhaps direct the air towards the center of the filter.
I took it out and went for a ride but it didn't seem to make any difference to the noise.
I find it annoying (like a wet fart in an echo chamber) at low revs, and I can't hear the exhaust.
But hey that's just me, other folks will like it.

Reactions: carpmanu

·
Registered
149 Posts
...like a wet fart in an echo chamber.
Chapeau! aahhaahahahahahah >:D

However I like very much the sound of air filter ;)
I have seen a clip on youtube about gsx-s with remus exhaust and the sound seems like the original. The noise of filter covers all the other noise

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had read the air box was an all new design. Not sure if that means the air filter is specific only to the gsxs. Interested to see an mwr filter for it, they apparently provided a more even intake to all cylinders on the gsxr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know what filter fits as k&n said no at the moment and someone on YouTube said they have a pipercross filter but it's not on their website ????
Martin I have tried two cans a yosie and s p engineering no different in sound so I am haveing the silencer box under neath or cat what ever it may be cut out it is in the progress as we speak and doing away with the 02 sensor I will post a piece when done bud

·
Registered
840 Posts
Suzuki's part number for the GSX-R1000 and GSX-S1000 air filter is identical, 13780-47H10. It would stand to reason that the K&N SU-1009 will fit both bikes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The only way to get noise from the exhaust is fit arrow downpipes and the original exhaust end can which has no baffles in anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts