GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys use a airbag vest or jacket?
If so what are you using or recommendations.
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just wondering if any of you guys use a airbag vest or jacket?
If so what are you using or recommendations.
Thanks
Jeff
I don’t as of now but have been interested in them for a while. Think they are a really good piece of protection and technology. Haven’t got one so far mainly because of the price. I’d prefer the ones that use algorithms rather than a tether but having to buy the air bag and a coat or suit that it’ll work with is so expensive! Easily $1,200-1,800! Dainese has come out with a stand alone vest that’ll work under any coat or suit for $699. This will probably be the route I go with when I finally break down and get one. Hoping Alpinestars will come out with a similar version.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been thinking of getting Astars techair vest and a jacket but like your saying it's a lot of money plus 4 me I've got one 2 piece suit and 5 jackets so if I got techair I'm stuck with one jacket.
The problem with techair that a dealer told me is that even if you don't use it for a year it has to be sent in for a service.
I'm thinking maybe hit air is the go?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello there,

I have two; one is the japanese Hit Air and the other is a Rivet ; both are good but the Hit Air the far superior; I know it works because I inadvertently set if off when leaving the bike to fuel up and not disconnecting the lanyard; you've probably noticed that now MotoGP riders all have Alpinestar leathers with automatic gas release air bag technology; to get that on your body is several thousand dollars

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got a price A stars tech air with missle jacket $2500. Yikes LOL
Yeah they are pricey! The tethered versions are more affordable but know I’ll constantly forget and end up swelled up! But the tethered versions usually seem to be able to be recharged by the owner. The Alpinestars and Dainese say you have to send it back to them to recharge after it’s been deployed. Hoping they get more affordable in the near future and they will make them so the average person can recharge them. Looked up the Hit Air and Rivet. Hadn’t heard of those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts