GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
i cant actually get ear plugs into my ears, i tried moldable ones, small foam ones, theyre lucky if they stay in long enough to get in long enough to get my helmet on, ive worked as a fitter welder or mechanic most of my life, yet my hearing is as sharp as when i was young, (54yr) must be my small ear canals ,,,hahaha
Pony up for custom molded ear plugs, they block more noise and there's no chance they won't fit. Worth every dollar in my opinion.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i cant actually get ear plugs into my ears, i tried moldable ones, small foam ones, theyre lucky if they stay in long enough to get in long enough to get my helmet on, ive worked as a fitter welder or mechanic most of my life, yet my hearing is as sharp as when i was young, (54yr) must be my small ear canals ,,,hahaha
Another set worth trying are these. They don't protrude at all.

Hearing Protection for Noise Reduction | Loop Earplugs

Reactions: mmkaw

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
49 Posts
I am no doctor by any way you look at it, but here's some great advice:

We all have our on reasons for not doing something, and I understand that, freedom of choice in most of our world. All I'm asking is to try wearing a pair for a month and see how it goes/feels.

BEEEEPPPP this is the end of your public announcement hahaha

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Pony up for custom molded ear plugs, they block more noise and there's no chance they won't fit. Worth every dollar in my opinion.
Mine are going on 6 years old now, and still wearing OK. The thin bit at the top of the ear is looking to be the weak spot, but the ear canal part would still be usable.
I am unfortunate Bloke, I have to use a foam plug in the right ear and the molded plug in the left ear, as I need pressure against the ear drum to silence the internal bones from being vibrated by the engine through the seat from the frame. Also the wind roar through the helmet is not silenced at all by using the right side molded plug.

The molded plugs have a very slight gap away from the eardrum due to the metal cap they insert into the ear canal, so the hardening putty can be pulled out of the ear by an attached string.
Used anywhere else, like mowing the grass, I can use both molded one with no issue. Great value for $70 I think.

The foam plugs used are cylindrical shape, I find the cone shaped one just pop out, and are too soft and slippery coated.
I get about 5 rides out of one foam plug, so they cost little and I only use one of the two at a time. That's from my old Fathers Scots blood, heh ?

Rob.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts