GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone run an Akrapovic slip-on with a cat delete pipe? I'm selling the M4 slip-on and would like to know how this combination sounded from anyone who may have experience with it. Trying to decide if I want to run the cat delete with this pipe or full headers with it.

There's two different Akrapovic pipes available for our bike. This the pipe I'm looking at:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Rapido had that can and sold it to another forum member. There is little to no difference between decat and aftermarket headers regarding sound. They're both open unobstructed pipes and are significantly louder.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good memory Cainus! I had it. With full headers. This Akra was not loud at all.

View attachment 45625
Looks good! I was wondering if this particular slip-on would be fairly quiet because it doesn't seem to include a DB killer and it supposedly meets different noise and emissions standards. I don't want anything crazy loud, but I was thinking this slip-on without the cat and muffler box might offer a good compromise between the stock noise level and ridiculously loud. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It’s definitely on the quiet side compared to others I’ve had. Probably the noise level your looking for. Buy it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s definitely on the quiet side compared to others I’ve had. Probably the noise level your looking for. Buy it!
It's a ripoff for a **** slip-on, but I'm going to order it anyway tonight after work. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
It's a ripoff for a **** slip-on, but I'm going to order it anyway tonight after work. :)
There are worse things you could spend money on, shiny bike treats are justified 😁
My Yoshi R11 was $1000 here in Australia and I'd do it all over again. Rapido has lost that much buying and selling exhaust cans.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are worse things you could spend money on, shiny bike treats are justified 😁
My Yoshi R11 was $1000 here in Australia and I'd do it all over again. Rapido has lost that much buying and selling exhaust cans.
There certainly are worse things that I spend money on, that's for sure. What the ****, it's only like six payments for a muffler! 😆

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a difference between the Dominator cat delete pipe and the eBay clones that are available? Looks like the Dominator is around $150 and the clones are around $60. If you can trust the pictures shown on the eBay listings, they all appear the same, regardless of price.

How about the Oli Jones version I've seen mentioned here in several older threads? Which of the three are most commonly used with positive results? I'll be combining the cat delete pipe with the Akrapovic slip-on pictured at the start of this thread and want to go with whichever of the three that will provide the best fit with the end can.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Is there a difference between the Dominator cat delete pipe and the eBay clones that are available? Looks like the Dominator is around $150 and the clones are around $60. If you can trust the pictures shown on the eBay listings, they all appear the same, regardless of price.

How about the Oli Jones version I've seen mentioned here in several older threads? Which of the three are most commonly used with positive results? I'll be combining the cat delete pipe with the Akrapovic slip-on pictured at the start of this thread and want to go with whichever of the three that will provide the best fit with the end can.
I'm not sure Oli Jones makes them anymore. I would go with the Dominator decat as they are still cheap and have been proven to work with no fitment issues.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good memory Cainus! I had it. With full headers. This Akra was not loud at all.

View attachment 45625
****…. And there i was thinking i was happy with my BW headers and stock can… that is a thing of beauty…. Love the way it stays the same size/shape as stock, wasnt keen on anything that looked out of place… must resist… must resist…. Lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yes this Akra is on the expensive side - but the quality is the very best, and absolutely gorgeous eye candy to stare at! Did you order yet?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Also, you can see in my photo above, the carbon fiber heat shield does not line up perfectly with the Suzuki lower side panel. I have custom-made headers that were supposed to have the exhaust outlet in the stock position. So the only fitment issue you could possibly have is this area lining up. Don’t worry about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes this Akra is on the expensive side - but the quality is the very best, and absolutely gorgeous eye candy to stare at! Did you order yet?
Yes, I ordered it last night. If you guys have any other pics of your bike with this same can on it, please post them! I'll be sure to post a couple pics of my own once I get it installed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, you can see in my photo above, the carbon fiber heat shield does not line up perfectly with the Suzuki lower side panel. I have custom-made headers that were supposed to have the exhaust outlet in the stock position. So the only fitment issue you could possibly have is this area lining up. Don’t worry about it.
I noticed that. It's a massive amount of misalignment. Hoping for a better fit with mine. If I do go with the cat delete, I may be able to achieve better results by playing around with positioning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And here’s the other Akra slip on so you can see you chose the right one!

View attachment 45631
Thanks for the pics, man. I was checking out both of the Akrapovic slip-ons and it was an easy choice to pic the first one. It's the better looking of the two, IMO. Can't wait to get the **** thing!

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of it from behind the bike, would you, Rapido? Either straight on from the back or from the right side looking at the rear of the bike. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much, just excited to get it and waiting is the worst! 😆

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, I ordered it last night. If you guys have any other pics of your bike with this same can on it, please post them! I'll be sure to post a couple pics of my own once I get it installed.
Noooooooo dont……

i have seen enough… anymore and i am likely to press the button and that will mean i will have to remap my remap to accommodate the change…The finance dept. Will not be happy..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Noooooooo dont……

i have seen enough… anymore and i am likely to press the button and that will mean i will have to remap my remap to accommodate the change…The finance dept. Will not be happy..
DO IT! Click that mouse! 🤣

As an aside, if you're currently running Black Widow headers with the stock can, I doubt you would need to have the bike retuned/reflashed for the Akrapovic. The two are similar enough that I can't see it making much, if any, difference. I believe the Akra can meets the same noise and emissions specs as the stock one, so swapping them would be easy aesthetic upgrade.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts