GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems they are almost ready to release a slip on for both models of the GSX-S. The part number is S-S10SO10-HASZ and no pictures are available. The release date is mid November and price is around $800 US.

The part number is almost identical to the BMW S1000R slip on exhaust. I think the price is pretty steep for a slip on, but my wife does say I'm cheap. :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
I really like the Suzuki pipe and if I had to change it would be for a can roughly the same length. It would be nice if Suzuki gave us a removable baffle though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hope for complete exhaust. That usually makes some difference.
I'm sorry to destroy your dreams...but the cheapest price that I have found on e-bay for the Akrapovic complete exhaust of GSX-R 1000 is this.... ;)
For the EVO version you have to double the price....

·
Registered
724 Posts
I really like the Suzuki pipe and if I had to change it would be for a can roughly the same length. It would be nice if Suzuki gave us a removable baffle though.
Yep I like the Suzuki pipe... I wonder if you could de-baffle it without too much grief..?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The sound of the standard is great but I guess could be improved on. Not going to pay that kind of money though.
I would like either something shorter or more traditional and longer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just want the bike at this point... But if, if I was to upgrade, I think I would go with Yoshi. I have always been fan of Yoahimura's products, but not always their prices. Although I think the Akraprovic does look a little sleeker.

I like the factory exhaust, but getting rid of the cat with a header would always be cool option as well.

Yoshimura R&D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since it's an 05-08 GSXR motor, it shouldn't take much to make an OEM header and slipon (or full aftermarket system) from those 05-08 GSXR 1000 years to fit.

I've owned nothing but GSXR's since 92 and have some late models now.....I'll do the R&D on that unless some euros have already tried it....I would think they have?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Since it's an 05-08 GSXR motor, it shouldn't take much to make an OEM header and slipon (or full aftermarket system) from those 05-08 GSXR 1000 years to fit.

I've owned nothing but GSXR's since 92 and have some late models now.....I'll do the R&D on that unless some euros have already tried it....I would think they have?
race fit tried to fit older gsxr header but it never worked they had to modify the stock header cut out the cat and swage the pipe and then fit a link pipe they did a one off foe a guy
they said they would be happy to do it again for someone
was tempted at the time but I like my yoshi pipe

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts

I'm curious about that also, I have brand new headers from a 1000K8 still here.
They look a bit different i have to say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm curious about that also, I have brand new headers from a 1000K8 still here.
They look a bit different i have to say.
I know the oil pans were different on the 05/06 vs 07/08.
You would have to put an 07/08 oil pan on the 05/06 in order to use the 07/08 OEM header.

Mounting points for the exhaust are most likely different since it's a new frame on the GSXS. I'd say it can be done though.

I can put an 06/07 GSXR 600/750 header with any aftermarket 06/07 slipon on my 2012 GSXR 600.
The 06/07 header was 'cat-less' is the reason for that swap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts