GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing a lot of you guys talk about this web site. They have a ton of stuff that is inexpensive, and I've read that you have to be careful whom you buy from, is that right? Back last year I was looking at Aria helmets https://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/view_product_images/13210 the white frost and bought it from this site listed. I saw one on Aliexpress at a very low price and did not buy it because it sounded to good to true. Fast forward to now, so I am look at buying some stuff. And was wanting to know if this site is on the up and up? (And it looks like it according to you guys!)

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Anything to do with safety, do NOT buy, especially helmets.

Their slip-ons may be worth a try though but expect to fab up a proper bracket as I doubt they're bike-specific.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything to do with safety, do NOT buy, especially helmets.

Their slip-ons may be worth a try though but expect to fab up a proper bracket as I doubt they're bike-specific.
I wasn't, but thanks for the advice! Mostly little stuff like frame sliders, t-shirt, stuff like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wasn't, but thanks for the advice! Mostly little stuff like frame sliders, t-shirt, stuff like that.
I once bought a set of silicon hoses advertised as a "set" for my Bandit. What turned up had several hoses missing and when I raised a dispute, AliExpress sided with the seller claiming that it was as advertised and it was indeed a set. I couldn't bother stripping my radiator to prove otherwise and gave up deciding would never buy from them again.

Go for T-Shirts etc, but for things that matter to your bike, I would suggest you stay away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Recently and reluctantly I wanted to buy some cheap/fake stuff for my bike. Spent a lot of time to pick my choices and through check out, it asked for personal info and proof of identity such as driver licence/passport/etc.
I gave up. Why on earth I should send them copy of my passport? I am not buying explosives, just bike stuff.
Something fishy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Recently and reluctantly I wanted to buy some cheap/fake stuff for my bike. Spent a lot of time to pick my choices and through check out, it asked for personal info and proof of identity such as driver licence/passport/etc.
I gave up. Why on earth I should send them copy of my passport? I am not buying explosives, just bike stuff.
Something fishy
That's definitley fishy ... one thing I do notice is after giving my phone # (in case delivery service needs to get a hold of me) I invariably get calls in Chinese from local area code #'s. It's always a pattern of block that # for a week or 2.

Reactions: M.Ram

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW, looks like I won't be buying from them. I get enough spam calls, and/or unwanted calls, so I'll just pass and spend the extra for my safety and peace of mine! Thanks again guys for all your insights!!

Reactions: Gixxus_Lou

·
Registered
103 Posts
Why in the world are so many people interested in purchasing fake or knockoff merchandise? I'll never understand it. Support the manufacturers who are actually dedicated to their craft. You'll feel better owning the real deal, get legitimate support if a problem arises, and you won't have to turn over your passport details to buy a muffler. 😆

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a rad cover, wheel sticker kit and bar end mirrors. The Rad cover came within two weeks. it slid on but the top two holes were angled a little different so I had to use zip ties instead of the push clips. The wheel stickers came and I had to pick each and every piece of sticker off and place it by hand....not fun at all and I didn't use a few because they were so small and tearing. The mirrors came within 2 months. They are on and actually pretty good not going to lie. Little vibration at higher speeds but I'm just glancing to see if anyone is behind me anyways. Luck of the draw I guess haha. Never had to give any information out though. Just the usual to purchase as it would be anywhere.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man it is a biggest Chines trading net. You have to understand that a lot of fake there, but there a lot of goods from Aliexpress on E-bay with increased 2-3 times price ;)

you can buy some stuff, but need to check reviews and shop ratings. I bought there a lot for my own, camping tent for example, for a bike just led turnlights.

i would not reccomend to buy helmet there or anything related with safety.

as well as sliding gears (might be too soft so wont work, or too hard so break your frame instead of deforming itself)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts