GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Too late for me...or maybe not. Time will tell.

I have already pulled the trigger on the new 2021 BMW F900R full option setup for less than 9.9k euro, all taxes included.

Anyway, from my previous experience with the earlier model of 2016 GSXS1000, I will let SUZUKI have some time (at least two years) to put things straight with their new GSXS.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's out of left field! Hope they keep the low'ish seat height and the value it's always been known for.

Reactions: Mean_streak

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
Looks like they may have a new Headlight design , 5 yrs of ugliness at the front end - albeit subjective - & more importantly useless Headlights that light up sweetFA comparatively speaking

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dang, I just got my '18 new back in July. If this new thing is a beast I might have to trade up... 👀 Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
It reminds me of the gsxr 1000 new headlights. Could be similar
could be virus like ; the project builds out of genevé motorcycles in Switzerland , that was always the real GSX-S 1K

legit 200hp engine but upright & stunning , I doubt it'll be that clean & suave as those builds are €25k

·
Registered
8 Posts
Question is:
Is it only a styling exercise to align the looks with the GSXR and new Hayabusa?
Is it getting RBW and associated rider aids?
Is it using the K5-K8 engine design or going to the newer more oversquare engine?
Euro 5 is making it tough for manufacturers to comply. Perhaps they will go for a detuned current GSXR engine?
BMW used their current S1000RR engine in their super naked but removed titanium valves and VVT to keep coats down.
Japanese manufacturers particularly have been rapidly culling engines.
Just look at the reduction in power plants in the Honda line up over the past 5 years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can’t see anything drastic. But wishful. Hope they don’t do the same wonky turn signals gsxr 1000 has sticking out the fairings
Grossness

1 - 20 of 79 Posts