GSXS 1000 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
That's $15,200 US. Yikes!
The current F model is 10,799 in the UK and just shy of 16k here in Australia. Looks to be pretty much the same price as the old one so pretty great value for money.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This new naked version weights about just as much as the previous gen F!

Is it me or the exhaust note appears tamed down? May just be the video but I think the previous gen sounds more aggressive, no? Sounds like they overall targeted more touring and a bit less sport.

... My guts feeling is they struggled finding a way to bump up powA given more strict exhaust regulation (they couldn’t release it with less powA!) Hence new cams, etc. So they targeted lower RPM. And to get better overall number, they just removed some ecu limitation from before at high rpm. Much speculation at this point though!

Overall, couple of nice items but nothing major. You already know when they start describing the LEDs for a minute or so.
I bet there will be a price bump too.

But for me, I’d be curious to see if they’ll do a faired version, since I don’t like the look of most naked bikes, just not for me. And it gets worst with manufacturers going transformer style nowadays ...

Given the specs so far, I doubt I would trade my F for a new gen faired model though, if it even is in suzuki’s plan (which I doubt). Say byebye to the faired model! Less and less options for sporty upright faired models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,731 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,731 Posts
So power and torque are slightly improved but will you notice that. The significant thing is that max power is now at 11000 rpm instead of 10000 rpm.
Could the increase in tank size be due to the fact it now uses more fuel.
Info on the rear shock very scarce mmmmm ?
Overall it doesn't look as bad as I expected except for that transformer style rear seat cover.
Oh and it's 4kg heavier but is that wet weight? if so subtract 2 ltrs of fuel. :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
In Suzuki global shows a wind screen, very small one. Also nice very nice Suzuki sliders

butI was unable to locate original Suzuki sliders for the prev model, I feel they aren’tobtainable

·
Registered
314 Posts
@PengWinnin - you've got too much invested for such a small step up. Personally, I'm waiting until the next change comes in 5 or so years - that should be major and perhaps more worthy of an upgrade. Now if that happens to be all-electric then I'd pick up 1 of these new ones instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@PengWinnin - you've got too much invested for such a small step up. Personally, I'm waiting until the next change comes in 5 or so years - that should be major and perhaps more worthy of an upgrade. Now if that happens to be all-electric then I'd pick up 1 of these new ones instead.
Let's hope a possible Euro 6 regulation will not castrate motorcycles by 2026...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
You’re correct. I really enjoy my bike. I am impulsive, it’s died down now. Just gonna wait to see them and spectate.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You’re correct. I really enjoy my bike. I am impulsive, it’s died down now. Just gonna wait to see them and spectate.
Yeah that can get you into trouble with bikes ... and cars (cough, cough, Mustang ...).

My lesson is to just wait it out - the impulsive feeling eventually goes away.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, it's true, the engine is made in China.
But I see no problem with this because they have offered me 3 years warranty, not 2 years as Suzuki is offering for the bikes they're selling in Europe.
The new F900R is running for a year now and there are zero problems reported for the engine.
F900R also makes less than 90HP on the Dyno, Link. It looks nice and I guess that BMW emblem carries cache for some. But in its price range it gets pistol whipped by a bunch of bikes.

·
Registered
378 Posts
F900R also makes less than 90HP on the Dyno, Link. It looks nice and I guess that BMW emblem carries cache for some. But in its price range it gets pistol whipped by a bunch of bikes.
Thanks for the comment. Highly appreciated it. (y)
I'm pretty sure I will enjoy my F900 as much as I did with the GSXS.
I have to confess here, only a few times I took that bike into the red zone, so now I can say I haven't bought that bike for its 140 HP, but for its looks. Unfortunately, the new one doesn't ring that bell for me.
Anyway, I'm old enough to have fun every time when I'm riding a bike, even it is Honda Monkey or a GSXR1000.
And for the record, I have to say I will buy the next GSXR1000 (as a second bike) when it will be available here in Europe.
Hope to meet you soon on the gixxer.com forum!
Till then, best of luck for you mate! ;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have to confess here, only a few times I took that bike into the red zone, so now I can say I haven't bought that bike for its 140 HP, but for its looks. Unfortunately, the new one doesn't ring that bell for me.
Anyway, I'm old enough to have fun every time when I'm riding a bike, even it is Honda Monkey or a GSXR1000.
And for the record, I have to say I will buy the next GSXR1000 (as a second bike) when it will be available here in Europe.
Nice Choice Kassu.
I found a better link here on the BMW Australian site here F 900 R.
It sells for the same ride away price as the GSX-S F at the moment. I presume the F900R was an evolution of the Husqvana Nuda 900 when BMW owned them a few ago.
The motor on the Nuda was quite a ripper the press said at the time, with very accessible HP and Torque curves.
Hope you want the silver and red version, it really looks the best of the 3 colour choices to me. It will be a better bike than the Honda CB1000R.

Rob.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have aprilia shiver (similar class like the f900 ) and I just found gsxs power way more fun. Also smoothness of the power is inceediblem

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice Choice Kassu.
I found a better link here on the BMW Australian site here F 900 R.
It sells for the same ride away price as the GSX-S F at the moment. I presume the F900R was an evolution of the Husqvana Nuda 900 when BMW owned them a few ago.
The motor on the Nuda was quite a ripper the press said at the time, with very accessible HP and Torque curves.
Hope you want the silver and red version, it really looks the best of the 3 colour choices to me. It will be a better bike than the Honda CB1000R.

Rob.
Hi Rob,

I hope not to disappoint you, but I've put my money on a black-silver one.
Some say it's faster than the other two color schemes. :ROFLMAO:

Regarding the CB1000R I have to say it was my first option at the beginning, but after I have seen it in the flesh I had to reconsider my mind. It didn't impressed me at all...in any aspect I must say.
Second option was your Ninja 1000SX, a very good price-quality ratio. Built for comfort, but too heavy as a town commuter bike.
Last one the short list was the new MT-09 SP (the ugliest bike ever if you ask me). Also a good price-quality ratio, but too new to buy it right now (I'll keep my eyes on the future reviews).
At the end I had to choose between F900 and Triumph Street Triple RS.
If you want to buy a top quality bike, go for the Triumph.
The the price is also an important factor in this case, so the winner was the F900.
It's a decent bike considering the full options package and the paid price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
At the end of the day, all bikes mentioned on this thread are fun, have enough power to make you enjoy and get in trouble with the law easily. There are pros and cons everywhere, just choose your poison and go out and enjoy with no regrets - twins have more torque down low, but vibrate a bit more (perceivable in different ways by different people) and don't rev as high, inline fours are smooth but need to be taken up higher, where they sound awesome (subjectively), but some people consider them character-less. V4s are just great but are typically more expensive to buy and maintain...pros and cons everywhere. We all know them.

In my mind, Suzuki fixed exactly what needed to be fixed (and nothing more) on the GSX-S (compliance with requirements, throttle issues and lighting), with a little splash of styling updates, as the foundational pieces (like the frame, engine and suspension were fine for the segment the bike was placed into - N.B. not a super/hyper naked). I am sure it will be the same reliable, great value and fun proposition as before.

To clarify, I changed my bike because 1. itch (you all know it!), 2. can't have 2 bikes, for personal well-being reasons (death punishment has been circulated if subject was to be brought up again). But I would take the new GSX-S, or the new S1000R as my next bike, as I still have a thing for inline 4s and these 2 are, in my book, the top contenders in that class.

And I will go and test ride this guy when available.

·
Registered
866 Posts
At the end of the day, all bikes mentioned on this thread are fun, have enough power to make you enjoy and get in trouble with the law easily. There are pros and cons everywhere, just choose your poison and go out and enjoy with no regrets - twins have more torque down low, but vibrate a bit more (perceivable in different ways by different people) and don't rev as high, inline fours are smooth but need to be taken up higher, where they sound awesome (subjectively), but some people consider them character-less. V4s are just great but are typically more expensive to buy and maintain...pros and cons everywhere. We all know them.

In my mind, Suzuki fixed exactly what needed to be fixed (and nothing more) on the GSX-S (compliance with requirements, throttle issues and lighting), with a little splash of styling updates, as the foundational pieces (like the frame, engine and suspension were fine for the segment the bike was placed into - N.B. not a super/hyper naked). I am sure it will be the same reliable, great value and fun proposition as before.

To clarify, I changed my bike because 1. itch (you all know it!), 2. can't have 2 bikes, for personal well-being reasons (death punishment has been circulated if subject was to be brought up again). But I would take the new GSX-S, or the new S1000R as my next bike, as I still have a thing for inline 4s and these 2 are, in my book, the top contenders in that class.

And I will go and test ride this guy when available.
This 1000 times over.
I'm considering a lower capacity bike, possibly a twin for these very reasons.
The fastest freeway speed limit here is 110/km and our fun twisty roads are mostly 80km or 60km and are generally heavily policed.
I can't really stretch the legs of the suzuki which will hit those limits in first gear. Every time I head out I do something that would see me lose my licence in an instant.
Small bikes are also nimble which make the twisty roads more fun. I can see why middle weight category sales have exploded in recent years.
I'm glad suzuki really focused on the fuelling and filled in that mid power in the curve. Most of the fun happens there.

181 - 200 of 231 Posts