GSXS 1000 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi Rob,

I hope not to disappoint you, but I've put my money on a black-silver one.
Some say it's faster than the other two color schemes. :ROFLMAO:

Regarding the CB1000R I have to say it was my first option at the beginning, but after I have seen it in the flesh I had to reconsider my mind. It didn't impressed me at all...in any aspect I must say.
Second option was your Ninja 1000SX, a very good price-quality ratio. Built for comfort, but too heavy as a town commuter bike.
Last one the short list was the new MT-09 SP (the ugliest bike ever if you ask me). Also a good price-quality ratio, but too new to buy it right now (I'll keep my eyes on the future reviews).
At the end I had to choose between F900 and Triumph Street Triple RS.
If you want to buy a top quality bike, go for the Triumph.
The the price is also an important factor in this case, so the winner was the F900.
It's a decent bike considering the full options package and the paid price.
I watched an MCN Youtube video by Michael Neeves this morning on the Yahama MT-09 SP. Well worth the time watching it as he explains how the chassis really has changed and how that applies to riding.
They have redesigned that bike from the ground up. Lowered the head stock by 30 mm to fix the understeer, new fork internals and a better rear shock to stop pogo out of the corner under power.

When it has got a now prettier front face than the GSX-S with only 1 LED eye; that doesn't say much about the Suzuki styling for me. (I see a lot of Katana in this GSX-S rendition, like a newer Katana).
For about the same money, perhaps a bit more, the MT gives you cruise control, IMU probably 6 way, quick shifter, new better seat, and a TFT display that really legible to see.
I think a person shopping these 2 bikes, would see that Suzuki has done very little, but is now overpriced itself with what is still at it's heart, a 2015 bike now in 2021/22.

Rob.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
guys... ive had several people message me about my bike for 10k.

if I remove the ASV levers, throttlemeister bar ends, and my sliders, and the little block off plate on the tail, and my speedohealer. you know, im not against the idea of selling it I think. id be out 2k but id get a brand new bike roughly.

that said, I have no idea how much the new bike MSRP is going to be, it says TBA on website. dumb

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
For about the same money, perhaps a bit more, the MT gives you cruise control, IMU probably 6 way, quick shifter, new better seat, and a TFT display that really legible to see.
I think a person shopping these 2 bikes, would see that Suzuki has done very little, but is now overpriced itself with what is still at it's heart, a 2015 bike now in 2021/22.
And much lighter, which is a big plus to me. I really like the KTM 890 Duke (or R), but the MT09 might be my next bike. ;)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
do you guys think Suzuki is going to release a newly modeled gsxr 750. ? I love my gsxs, but if a gsxr 750 came out with variable cams etc, I may go that route since the gsxs didn't get an engine overhaul or anything.
Hayabusa was released, gsxs1000 released, I have no idea if gsxrs would of been announced around now or no go.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
do you guys think Suzuki is going to release a newly modeled gsxr 750. ? I love my gsxs, but if a gsxr 750 came out with variable cams etc, I may go that route since the gsxs didn't get an engine overhaul or anything.
Hayabusa was released, gsxs1000 released, I have no idea if gsxrs would of been announced around now or no go.
Complete blue sky guess here, but I wonder if they might come out with something new it the 800 range. Seems like 750 doesn't really have much of a niche in today's market.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now, that MT-09, especially in SP guise, sounds like a great bike (yeah, just watched that MCN video)...in spite of the mundane silhouette and the “tried too hard” headlight (all subjective, of course)! Clearly worth of a test ride. Maybe a different kind of audience compared to the new GSX-S1000...I think the latter would score better with people who don’t care much about IMU or fancy screens and value more a good ol’ 4 with its typical grunt, a solid chassis that holds well in turns and not much else - just my .02...

When shopping for my GSXS back in 2016 I liked the fit and finish of the Suzuki much better than the Yamaha’s. Is that a real thing (or was it just me)? And if it is, does it still apply?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I came from an FZ-07 to my GSX-S1000F. The GSX is a superior bike than the 2015 FZ-07. But I still miss the light weight, low end torque, and flickability of the FZ-07 (yes torquier than the GSX-S, and a wheelie machine). I don't want to do wheelies anymore, ;) but I do like light weight and flickability. The reviews of the MT-09 give it all that in spades, and power to weight, right up there with the 1000s. I've heard a few complaints about Yamaha, but, to be honest, not more than any other Japanese made metric.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The mt09 screen is very small compared to other bikes. It's a nice bike to trash around with but power wise it's not compareble with the 1000cc's. Yeah great bottem and midrange but no end shot. I ride with friends who own the mt09 and it's not compareble with the mt10 nor gsxs1000.

I don't care about the IMU on a street bike unless that bike is also build for track days like a tuono ect. Or ride modes on a bike with less then 160 pk. My personal thought is that the new gsxs1000 has more then enough safety nets then needed on a street oriented bike.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
For the GSX-S750 Pegwinin, I don't see your wishlist happening. The present bike is around 12 years old under the outer plastics.
It was refashioned from a bike that the US called a Katana 750.

In Australia, it was known as GSX750 with a letter on the end, perhaps S, can't remember it now. It's biggest claim to fame was the bee hive shaped red brake lens.
The taper up shape of the lens was to image up it's (slow) speed.

I've been in my mind thinking of the my ex 2019 GSX-S750 while out on the road, and there are many similarities of how Suzuki get a good frame, sound motor, and fit mediocre rubbish suspension parts.
Surely Suzuki must know poor handling suspension will put unnecessary risk onto the shoulders of their novice riders who start up riding on cheap and basic bikes.
You don't keep Customers faithful to your Brand Name with this fitting of junk rubbish.
Just jack up the spec and the price to match or sack the Bike Development Team and go back to making Cotton Spinning Looms.

I am yet to ride a Kawasaki Z900.
It could be the next bike to get an makeover to match the MT-09 SP. It's a very affordable bike, but Kawasaki are astute with their good component choices for their bikes that I have ridden of late.
A Z900 R to replace the old Z1000 R in the Canadian Market, and sell it Worldwide will knock the socks of this 21 GSX-1K in sales is my estimation.

Kawasaki has the will and the ways to make things happen (e.g. the Z Superchargers). Suzuki can only dream of a Turbo 600 for 5 years and do nothing to bring it to Market.
Honda just sit's on it's laurels and watch's its cars fade away in sales. 50% of Honda's income last year came from small to medium bikes and scooters

Rob.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I came from an FZ-07 to my GSX-S1000F. The GSX is a superior bike than the 2015 FZ-07. But I still miss the light weight, low end torque, and flickability of the FZ-07 (yes torquier than the GSX-S, and a wheelie machine). I don't want to do wheelies anymore, ;) but I do like light weight and flickability. The reviews of the MT-09 give it all that in spades, and power to weight, right up there with the 1000s. I've heard a few complaints about Yamaha, but, to be honest, not more than any other Japanese made metric.
Funny, same here. FZ-07 history! Loved that little bike! With an Ohlins shock, upgraded fork internals and a Carbon Akra + revised map, it felt great!

Now, my comment about quality was not when comparing the GSX against the FZ-07, as the step up was to be expected. Coming from Yamaha, of course I looked at FZ(MT)-10 as an upgrade path. Yeah, great engine and decent components, but the fit and finish was not great. Suzuki felt way more solid for significantly less money, so that was a good reason for me to switch manufacturers. No regrets!

Very curious if the MT-09 will make an impression on me. Also, it would be nice to see if a new MT-10 will show up at some point - given the energy that Yamaha is putting into these new releases, that could be a nice bike to look into.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Pulled my ad, I am keeping my bike, it matches my other 2 vehicles and it matches my motorcycle jackets lol. etc

Theres no guarantee they can even get a windshield to provide as much protection as my gsxs with the Puig without looking absolutely retarded imo. I am very happy with my bike, I just wanted something new for a moment.

reality set in, and I dont want to have to redo all my mods all over again. blah I have a one of a kind gsxs, with my GB. if I go to the new one, I have a regular bike like others again

·
Read Only
0 Posts
this gsxs 10000 2021 has black wheels, LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE BLUE WHEELS! I wonder why this has black and all the other photos ar
e blue, if I bought one. it would certainly be black.

also, mentions engine changes.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I heard in one video Press Release that no one has commented on is the air box.
That mysterious barrier board with the slot that air passes through to reach the filter has gone.

Suzuki now say it said "Removed to increase filter efficiency". Funny, it was said to improve low down torque back in 2015.

So really it was for noise control only, and they under E5 have used other ways to do the same outcome.
If you were put it back into this new MY21 bike, just imagine all that extra strong torque boost smoking up the traction control big time (lol).

Rob.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The big question is Have they improved the low end running and eliminated the stutter that makes us buy booster plugs and remaps???

·
Registered
423 Posts
So power and torque are slightly improved but will you notice that. The significant thing is that max power is now at 11000 rpm instead of 10000 rpm.
Could the increase in tank size be due to the fact it now uses more fuel.
Info on the rear shock very scarce mmmmm ?
Overall it doesn't look as bad as I expected except for that transformer style rear seat cover.
Oh and it's 4kg heavier but is that wet weight? if so subtract 2 ltrs of fuel. :)
Correct, official Suzuki figures - old model 53.3 mpg, new model 46.3 mpg. Quite a difference and the necessity for larger tank.

201 - 220 of 233 Posts