GSXS 1000 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
Go for a MT-10 or MT-10 SP. I see both models are available to buy on Yamaha UK site.
Maybe this is one of those good things related with Brexit...
Not interested in the MT10 it's either the MT09 or the new GSX-S1000.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
I sat on an MT10 this morning I had more trouble reaching the ground than the MT09 and that was not as good for me as the GSX-S. I only have a 28" inseam.
Also I do not like the one eyed dipped beam system and I think it's too much of an animal for me at my age, 80yrs old in September.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I sat on an MT10 this morning I had more trouble reaching the ground than the MT09 and that was not as good for me as the GSX-S. I only have a 28" inseam.
Also I do not like the one eyed dipped beam system and I think it's too much of an animal for me at my age, 80yrs old in September.
Good man keep on riding. My guess is Yam deal won’t be as sweet as it might be, based on I reckon they will be easier to sell than the gsxs. Btw if you don’t already, take a look at - username Kate- you tube for a gsxs review soon.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
Good man keep on riding. My guess is Yam deal won’t be as sweet as it might be, based on I reckon they will be easier to sell than the gsxs. Btw if you don’t already, take a look at - username Kate- you tube for a gsxs review soon.
You are right about the Yam deal and I wasn't expecting them to match Suzuki's £4.5k. They offered £2.5k then upped it to £3k under pressure. Anyway I've decided to go for the new GSX-S and will probably be ordering one next week, Blue of course. :)
And thanks for the heads-up about username Kate, have subscribed. (y)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Dek

if you can handle the GSXS 1000, you can handle the MT-10, it’s all in the brain and the wrist. I had a MT-09 before the GSXS, no comparison in quality and engines. Was a fun bike for a while, but when I bought the GSXS, it was like HS what a difference!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Dek

if you can handle the GSXS 1000, you can handle the MT-10, it’s all in the brain and the wrist. I had a MT-09 before the GSXS, no comparison in quality and engines. Was a fun bike for a while, but when I bought the GSXS, it was like HS what a difference!
I keep thinking I might want a lighter bike, and the new MT-09 is very light, as is the KTM-890 (RC). I had a ton of fun on my MT-07 (FZ-07 at the time), so I would consider the MT-09 or the KTM, but "back to reality"... I know neither of those will feel like the GSX-S1000F. :)

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
452 Posts
I can't get rid of the gsxs as I've put to much into it & thoroughly enjoy it however there's a few bikes that grab me

• Yamaha Tracer 9 GT (for my all year commute)
  • Triumph Street Triple 👌🏾 & Street Twin (absoloute quality all round , no need to upgrade anything other than brake pads & air filter)
  • KTM SuperDuke 1290r (Just because 💥💨)
  • Ducati Hyoermotard (never been into the supermoto vibe but this bike is stunning 👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾)

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are right about the Yam deal and I wasn't expecting them to match Suzuki's £4.5k. They offered £2.5k then upped it to £3k under pressure. Anyway I've decided to go for the new GSX-S and will probably be ordering one next week, Blue of course. :)
And thanks for the heads-up about username Kate, have subscribed. (y)
Cool no probs, just looked at the bike and registered interested. I reckon the blue one is the best and would look even better with yellow rim tape. For me I need to get beyond that headlight assembly. Still it will be next year before possible purchase, so who knows.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I reckon the blue one is the best ...
Yes. (y) I like to see what they might replace the F with, but I'm guessing us F owners are the last of the species (not to be confused with Harley owners. :ROFLMAO:).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yes. (y) I like to see what they might replace the F with, but I'm guessing us F owners are the last of the species (not to be confused with Harley owners. :ROFLMAO:).
I hope they don't. It's the only thing stopping me from considering a trade. I don't want a naked, very happy with my F model.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
I read in a review on the new GSX-S that Suzuki have other things in the pipeline this year.
Can't remember where it was though. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
498 Posts
I have too much $$ into my bikes (and I like them a lot) to trade in. So, the only way I'd get a new GSX is as an addition. The Mrs. does not like this idea. :cautious:

·
Registered
76 Posts
What about an updated F model. Are they going to make one?
I asked a local dealer that.
Fwiw he said possibly dropping the Katana name and fairing it more. But I suspect he didn't really know.

241 - 260 of 327 Posts