GSXS 1000 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm holding off on buying the 2021 Ninja 1000 right now because I want to see if Suzuki comes up with an updated F version that will be better.

Does Suzuki still make the Bandit? They don't sell it in Canada anymore but what about other markets? Maybe they could just build a half-faired GSXS and call it a Bandit.

·
Registered
448 Posts
No the Bandit died many years ago, about 2012 I believe, my mate had a F model with full fairing, topcase and panniers, it would have made a cracking tour bike with the smooth torquey engine and comfortable seat but for some reason he hated it.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
More specs to add to the picture from Australia.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chris is amazing, again a great review!
its not cutting edge, its a great and fun road bike.
he didnt mention anything about the quickshifter but i saw on visordown the QS works perfectly on any speed and rpms.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like Chris’ reviews. Reasonable, common sense perspective on things...
Bike seems to be just as expected.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I love his reviews. Very to the point and helps put things into perspective.
It sounds like the power dip in the mid range still exists despite their new power curve sheets in the promo.
He stated there is plenty of bottom end, a bit flat in the middle and screams up top. That's a shame.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I saw the vid that Dekker posted early this morning on the Smart TV. YouTube thought I would like it.
Yes, I did.
It changed my mind to more positive on it's front view after seeing it as a real world moving bike, rather than still shots focused on the 3 headlights that to me looked from a Diesel Train engine.
Glad to see only one LED is the visible lamp when riding down the road.

Looks like a real improvement on the 2015 rushed to Market attempt., and the 2017 & 2019 minor updates.
I am sure when the Reviewer said Suzuki was listening to Owner feedback, it was because they read every post on this Forum !

Could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere, we in Australia are to get ours in the fourth quarter 2021.
Thanks Dekker, for being a Beta Tester for the other's here, someone has to be the very first. I don't think it will disappoint you.:D

Rob.

·
Registered
898 Posts
That's probably due to euro 5 emissions.
Remapping wiil fix that.
In part. I think the exhaust design isn't perfect either. I got excited after seeing that new power graph but let's face it, they just format the data to make it look improved.
I'm not going to the trouble of fixing suspension and fuelling again. Done it on 3 Suzuki's now. I'll keep my F Model and spend the extra cash on a more refined bike next time.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
That's probably due to euro 5 emissions.
Remapping wiil fix that.
Yes my PCV is ready to go on as soon as Dynojet produce a map for it.
Already ordered EBC HH pads as I expected the comment about more bite.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,875 Posts
Deleted.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Chopsie said the rear shock has been 'revised with firmer settings'. Great for his 18 stone body, but what for the lighter bodied folk then ?
Hopefully a stronger spring tension rather than even yet more compression.

Rob.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I really wish Suzuki had made a big v2 or a 270 degree crank instead of just a update.
I wonder what the cut of point would be for 270 crank size engine just wondering if you could get away with a 1200 or not?

261 - 280 of 327 Posts