GSXS 1000 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Had a test ride yesterday, the bike had 800miles on it and seemed very smooth on and off the power.
I rode out of the dealers with it in A mode and nearly embarrassed myself. The slightest touch of the throttle produced a load of revs requiring careful control to pull away. It would be alright for the drag strip or on the starting grid,
once on the move it was ok but quite lively.
In B mode it behaved just like mine, didn't bother with C mode.
Suspension seemed a tad better than mine is with it's original shock.
Seat seems a bit softer need a couple of hours on it to really tell.
The screen was difficult to read unless the sun was behind.
Anyway I need to change so have placed an order, might be in middle of June or so.
Note caliper bolts are now Allen keys otherwise pretty much the same except for electronics. I need to get used to the quick shifter, kept using the clutch. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Going on looks alone the only 2 items I dont like are the exhaust (easily changed) and instrument panel.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
I've ordered Meter Visor and Frame Sliders, will also add fender and hugger extenders.
Got a feeling I might not need my PCV as the power feels pretty good. Lets see what happens when the tuners get it on the dyno.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The price for the new model on Romanian dealer's page is 11.290 euros(all taxes included).
Just to compare, the price for a new MT-09SP is 10.950 euros (all taxes included).
I have to admit it is the best price-quality ratio for a liter bike at the moment of speaking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The slightest touch of the throttle produced a load of revs requiring careful control to pull away. It would be alright for the drag strip or on the starting grid,
once on the move it was ok but quite lively.
Does this mean the throttle is still snatchy?

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Does this mean the throttle is still snatchy?
No just very immediate in "Mode A" like having a quick action throttle.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Thanks for the test ride review and I hope you like your new bike! Do you think that Suzuki will come out with an updated F model? I hope they do.
No idea but the dealer did say Suzuki had more things happening this year.

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Going on looks alone the only 2 items I dont like are the exhaust (easily changed) and instrument panel.
I'm thinking the exhaust might have looked better in matte black like the "Z".

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I had no idea they were in any dealerships now. Good news.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
I also failed to mention that the bars are not just wider but are also rubber mounted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice paving the way Dekker. Interesting test ride impressions, can’t wait to test and compare, whenever they make it here. But boy, this new fashion of bulging screens towering over headlights, not sure I like - clearly not visible to the rider, but still kind of bothering. And those covers not doing much to streamline. Only if it were a true TFT. Well, I guess, not exactly within the budget, at this price point.
I don’t remember bar vibrations being an issue, why do we need rubber mounts?
And how is the sound, Euro 5 and all?

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Bar vibration is not an issue for me but is noticeable around 7,000rpm.
Quite a few on here have complained about it.
I ride with plugs in and to me it sounds about the same.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I also failed to mention that the bars are not just wider but are also rubber mounted.
Do you know offhand if the main risers are rubber mounted or the bars at the clamps? I made some rubber mounts for the footresets (old rubber mats cut into thick washers) and it did make the bike more comfortable.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Different top yoke, looks like rubber at base of posts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dang, I just got my '18 new back in July. If this new thing is a beast I might have to trade up... 👀 Can't wait to see it!
View attachment 45263
Don’t worry about trading up man midrange and 2 extra HP was tweaked through the ecm / fueling engine internals are the same which makes sense they get to look like they made significant changes when it was just ecm tweaks. lol These bike meaning older models are held back significantly as most have seen after a ecm flash

281 - 300 of 327 Posts