GSXS 1000 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
funny thing is i like the old style and the new just depends on what your like style wise would like a quick shifter tho lol and like the new display

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Don’t worry about trading up man midrange and 2 extra HP was tweaked through the ecm / fueling engine internals are the same which makes sense they get to look like they made significant changes when it was just ecm tweaks. lol These bike meaning older models are held back significantly as most have seen after a ecm flash
Not just ECM tweaks. Cams changed, less lift and overlap, throttle body bore diameter changed, they don't say but guessing it's reduced.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Regarding styling I was not happy with it at first but to my surprise it has grown on me.
The old model looks really dated to me now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not just ECM tweaks. Cams changed, less lift and overlap, throttle body bore diameter changed, they don't say but guessing it's reduced.
yup didn’t see the throttle body change but saw the cam and air box changes will be interested in seeing peak torque and hp on a dyno

·
Registered
325 Posts
Regarding the styling, this may sound picky to some but the new led head lights would have me concerned from a safety standpoint. I sure they are better an night. But just judging from the videos of the oncoming bike that I have seen, it seems that the observer does not even see the light unless it is aimed directly at them. I am sure that being very conspicuous is safer.

I would be thinking of adding some lights to the front. I currently have an F model and I always ride during the day with my high beams on. And they are very visible to oncomming traffic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i do t think the styling not bad at all like that they made so many changes even if it’s not big changes i mean internal components are pretty big deal not taking away from that but i also like the old styling too naked or fairing i’m riding around town and never see any badass bikes out there lots of baggers harleys mainly when i see a big dude on a super sport i laugh to myself as it looks a tad awkward I use to be that dude and love the positioning on the naked s wish we had these when i was younger

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
F model still listed on Suzuki UK but not the old (existing) naked version.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw the F model but it was listed as 2020 so i do t know what’s up they also show the 2019 model too so do t think that is offered but i was wrong once before lol

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
I make it 6055 naked and 3760 fared, + 309 Katanas. :geek:

Reactions: Barstewardsquad

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
So 38% or so fared. That's more than I guessed. It seemed that when I was looking to buy a fared one years ago they were few and far between.
Note those figures are only for UK.

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,830 Posts
Here is an extended review it is the only one I have found with the Meter Visor fitted.
Shame about the tone of the voice over for the first part but it changes later. Then after around 15 mins the rest is designed to send you to sleep. ;)
Click HERE .

301 - 320 of 327 Posts