GSXS 1000 Forum banner
321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wonder what accounts for the 24 pound weight increase over the old F? Stronger rear sub frame, bigger fuel capacity, heavier fairings? As a old guy more weight is not good but I will be interested to see it.
By the way , I really like my F that I have been riding for over 5 years. Wonderful bike and bullet proof....zero issues!

·
Registered
2017 GSXS1000F & 2017 Moto Guzzi Griso SE 8V
15 Posts
Yes
Sounds like it’ll have a beefier subframe to allow for panniers and a bigger pillion seat.
From a sales perspective it makes a lot of sense but
I personally like how my current F is more of a comfortable sports bike. That’s why I bought it instead of the 1000SX.
I even like having less electronics.
I’ll reserve judgment but I have a feeling I’ll be hanging onto my current bike for a while.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The F is a great bike for day rides, the problem is when you wanna take it on a touring trip the limited luggage options are a shortcoming. I took it on a week long trip and used throwover saddlebags and they were horrible, had to use lots of extra straps to secure them and even then they kept shifting around, took forever to attach/detach, I spent my entire trip stressing about my luggage. Now I use a 30L kriega bag which works pretty well but a set of hard cases would be even better.

Suzuki doesn't have a bike in that class. Kawi has the Ninja 1000, Yamaha has the Tracer 900 GT, Honda has the VFR800, Suzuki needs this bike.

321 - 327 of 327 Posts