21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe a v4 Not!
Maybe a crossplaine Not!
Maybe a 2020 gsxs with a new headlight? YES :ROFLMAO:
Hey
I know you’re half joking but you bring up a good point.
Suzuki is using a cross plane engine in Moto GP and has been for a few years now.
Why are they still pushing the flat plane engine in their production bikes?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey Luko that's why I put that comment Just wishful thinking..
But I had another look at the video and I'm thinking that the bike looks to be in line with the ducati v4 street fighter styling ?
I reckon it's going to be a stripped down gsxr 1000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Luko that's why I put that comment Just wishful thinking..
But I had another look at the video and I'm thinking that the bike looks to be in line with the ducati v4 street fighter styling ?
I reckon it's going to be a stripped down gsxr 1000.
Current GSXR engine minus VVT and titanium valves?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What does it look like ?
You can bet it won't look anything gross as Yamaha's re jigged MT09 effort.
I think it will move further towards the GSX-R front end look, BUT Suzuki will jackup the price. Remember how the R was quite reasonable, but now gone up very steeply.
It will get a Katana/R dash speedo head unit, cheaper single piston forks. You know the type, spring preload in one fork, rebound in the other, and one fork with compression.
Anything that looks new, but is cheaper and max's their profits.
Don't expect GSX-R stuff here for nix - just yellow paint on the spring and anodised gold forks and you won't be disappointed.
Wings ?
A free can of Red Bull under the seat.

Rob.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If it's the same or better than the current model regarding features but with added electronics (IMU etc) and ride by wire with cruise control then i will be elated.
Followed by inconsolable sadness as there's a baby on the way and i'll likely have to surrender my bike for a second car :cry:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not even close to broke bud. If it ticks all the boxes of things I want I'd consider it. Can't take the money with us when we eventually go 🤷‍♂️
I’m broke lmao

few years back I saw a gsxs or gsxr concept was absolutely beautiful
Can’t find it, was blue

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
Hope they make a better job of it than they did with the Katana. Plus I don't want a fugly looking number plate lump hanging off the swing arm.:rolleyes:

Reactions: My Name Is Jeff

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hope they make a better job of it than they did with the Katana. Plus I don't want a fugly looking number plate lump hanging off the swing arm.:rolleyes:
Indeed. I love my integrated tail lights, then I tossed plate under rear tail. Looks clean as heck

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
guess thats why the dr650 hasent been changed in 30 years its perfect......and the gsxs1000 is turning old school thats great i love old school

·
Registered
236 Posts
found it, if the bike looked like this (it doesn't I compared screen shots of the tank etc..) I would trade up TODAY. this to me, is the sickest looking bike I ever seen. was katana prediction back before was released.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts