GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
What does it look like ?
You can bet it won't look anything gross as Yamaha's re jigged MT09 effort.
I think it will move further towards the GSX-R front end look, BUT Suzuki will jackup the price. Remember how the R was quite reasonable, but now gone up very steeply.
It will get a Katana/R dash speedo head unit, cheaper single piston forks. You know the type, spring preload in one fork, rebound in the other, and one fork with compression.
Anything that looks new, but is cheaper and max's their profits.
Don't expect GSX-R stuff here for nix - just yellow paint on the spring and anodised gold forks and you won't be disappointed.
Wings ?
A free can of Red Bull under the seat.

Rob.
I would buy it just for the Red Bull🤩

·
Registered
846 Posts
At least there's something to potentially be excited about. It was very recently that owners of the gsxs were expressing concern that the model would disappear entirely next year.
Other than the gsx-r style headlight, we know nothing about what's to come. If the gsxs gets 10% better for 10% more money it's still a bargain. I don't mind if improvement scales with pricing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Exciting!

Too early and too little detail as to determine how it's going to be, but for me...I moved to the dark side for now :)

The 2016 GSX-S1000 will always be that special bike. If the new generation is enticing, I might come back, as I really liked mine, despite the throttle (which I got used to, only to realize how bad it was when comparing it to the Superduke 😜).

It's clear that Suzuki knows the recipe. Add the required electronics refinements to bring it up to the current standards while keeping the price in check and they will have a decent contender. I have always appreciated my bike for what it was and for the value proposition! Can't wait to see the new one in flesh - that headlight looks fresh!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice move you've made, Manuel. (y)
Lots of us have moved away from the 2016 model.
I have managed to live somehow with it for 5 years, but now I'm glad I've sold it.

Suzuki can't keep the price in check if they will put all the new electronics on the new one.
A liter bike like that which meets the Euro 5 requirements too (e.g. CB1000R, or Ninja 1000SX) is worth more than 13.500 euro here in Europe.

But I'm pretty sure, everyone here will keep their eyes wide open on the offer Suzuki will put on the table this time...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I may trade mine, if its something I really want, but if its anything like the katana, im expected to be let down, so much hype. I was so hyped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice move you've made, Manuel. (y)
Lots of us have moved away from the 2016 model.
I have managed to live somehow with it for 5 years, but now I'm glad I've sold it.

Suzuki can't keep the price in check if they will put all the new electronics on the new one.
A liter bike like that which meets the Euro 5 requirements too (e.g. CB1000R, or Ninja 1000SX) is worth more than 13.500 euro here in Europe.

But I'm pretty sure, everyone here will keep their eyes wide open on the offer Suzuki will put on the table this time...
Thanks Kassu! It is a beast of a machine :). Has your F900R been delivered yet? Pics?

With the price in check, I mean that they need to keep it reasonable - fully understanding that any feature addition will trigger a bump. There is homework to do to place it in the proper slot and hopefully they know this :). They did a great job with the initial GSX-S1000 placement (vs. MT-10 and Z1000), value-wise, and a terrible job with their new GSX-R1000 when initially released - I still haven't seen one around in my neck of the woods, if that's any indication...

There are plenty of good naked bikes around to choose from - a good friend just got his ZH2 and, while aesthetics are debatable (ok, subjective), reality is that it is a great bike.

Looking at your avatar - nice, I hail from the same place :). Awesome! Small world!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks Kassu! It is a beast of a machine :). Has your F900R been delivered yet? Pics?

With the price in check, I mean that they need to keep it reasonable - fully understanding that any feature addition will trigger a bump. There is homework to do to place it in the proper slot and hopefully they know this :). They did a great job with the initial GSX-S1000 placement (vs. MT-10 and Z1000), value-wise, and a terrible job with their new GSX-R1000 when initially released - I still haven't seen one around in my neck of the woods, if that's any indication...

There are plenty of good naked bikes around to choose from - a good friend just got his ZH2 and, while aesthetics are debatable (ok, subjective), reality is that it is a great bike.

Looking at your avatar - nice, I hail from the same place :). Awesome! Small world!
You're welcome mate!

The dealer assured me the beemer will be delivered within 2 months. That's the worst case scenario...
FYI it's the black storm metallic scheme. I'll be glad to post some pics here when it will be delivered.

It took me a month to decide which way to go.
There were a lot of awesome bikes on my long list (starting with the expensive S1000R, followed by the CB1000R and Ninja 1000SX, the crazy 890 Duke R and last but not least the 2021 MT-09SP).
The new Tracer 9 GT is a very great bike, built for comfort and for touring too. Very interesting bike for sure!

The bad news is all these bikes are brand new and not enough tested for the moment, so after my previous experience with the earlier GSXS1000 model, I'm afraid to buy one of these bikes right now. Along with the new GSXS, I'll give them some time to be tested in a proper manner.

After two or three years (when the F900R warranty will expire), or maybe sooner, there will be enough information to make the right decision which new liter bike to buy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honda is supposedly coming out with an NT1100 which would be my perfect (in my head) street bike. Africa Twin engine in street focused platform.
Until that happens, I’m sticking with my 2017 ‘F’

·
Registered
846 Posts
Honda is supposedly coming out with an NT1100 which would be my perfect (in my head) street bike. Africa Twin engine in street focused platform.
Looks to be more comparable to the mt09 tracer in style and performance, not the comfortable sport oriented bike the gsxs aims to be. Looks to have alot more utility. I'll be keeping an eye on that one too. Cheers for the shout.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gsxs was always about well designed frame, ok components, superb engine and okish electronics. This package is now achievable with better electronics.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a tuono 1100 but what puts me off is doing valve adjustment.
Yep I like doing my own work if I can but just checking the valves on the tuono is bad enough but if they need adjustment you have to drain the engine oil remove left and right crank case covers plus need special tools.
If you take it to the shop your looking at something like $1200!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I hope any NT1100 has a motor with less vibrations across various rev points.
I guess it is a parallel twin; Honda for the NT should follow Yamaha and set the crank to be 270 degrees and if it comes as an F type, give it a windscreen that works.
The Afrika Twin was shocking with turbulence and buffeting for me at 100 KPH.

Rob.

·
Registered
20 Posts
found it, if the bike looked like this (it doesn't I compared screen shots of the tank etc..) I would trade up TODAY. this to me, is the sickest looking bike I ever seen. was katana prediction back before was released. View attachment 45288 View attachment 45289
the katana to me doesn’t look good at all and if that’s the new suzuki gsxs look i’ll definitely stick with what i got i saw the suggestions like quick shifter etc doubt it will have to many new additions.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
This new GSX-S has got me interested.
April 26th disclosure, but I expect Suzuki will be milking it on Web sites then, BUT the machine won't be on sale for a few months at least.
They kept the Katana from us for a fair while here and with World Shipping a bit of a mess now, who knows for sure. Our old May and Nov deliveries to Australia per year seem to gone now.
Suzuki will surely wanting to meet the Spring/Summer riding season in the Northern Hemisphere, US,Canada & Europa/UK.

I was watching for new Suzuki stock of the DL650 V Strom to arrive as Shops have not had stock for many months. They turned up in the last fortnight, but not in the range of 3 colours, no White yet.
I was after a SV650 (which I signed a Contract on this week just gone) ( Yes, I know, you lot said I would not retire from bikes) and my Dealer got in 4 SV650 bikes - 2 Lams/A2 and 2 full power.

The Lams/A2 learner one's are VIN dated 02/2021, BUT the full power (mine) have been sitting in Melbourne's Cherry Lane Warehouse since 08/2020, but Suzuki did not for some stupid reason give them to Dealers to on sell. Around Augest 20, they were still discounting SV650X's, so perhaps they just forgot ???

So I get my White tank Blue frame and wheels bike next week, and the Ninja 1000 SX SE goes on continous consignment sale round about.
That 6 months went fast, no reflection on the bike, it's a great bike, everything the F should have been Mr Suzuki.

For those in Au, don't worry I didn't get the LAMS bike you see on the web page.
My Dealer is doing a tank and side panel swap with a LAMS and Full HP for me. The full power for 2021 here has all matte grey tank & side panels, candy blue frame and gloss blue wheels only option.
The LAMS/A2 is offered in white gloss tank, black gloss side panels, candy red frame and red matte wheels.

Some for an extra few $ of workshop time, I get a unique bike that I like and so will some one else get their favourite all matte bike that Suzuki Au don't offer here ( I won't buy matte black/grey/ camo bikes).

Rob.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts