GSXS 1000 Forum banner

All New GSX-S1000 coming April 26th!

33K views 326 replies 49 participants last post by  Dale_2019 
#1 ·
Teaser video. I hope Suzuki has produced a winner here. Their competition, especially from Yamaha and Triumph is stiff.

#2 · (Edited)
Too late for me...or maybe not. Time will tell.

I have already pulled the trigger on the new 2021 BMW F900R full option setup for less than 9.9k euro, all taxes included.

Anyway, from my previous experience with the earlier model of 2016 GSXS1000, I will let SUZUKI have some time (at least two years) to put things straight with their new GSXS.

#300 ·
Don’t worry about trading up man midrange and 2 extra HP was tweaked through the ecm / fueling engine internals are the same which makes sense they get to look like they made significant changes when it was just ecm tweaks. lol These bike meaning older models are held back significantly as most have seen after a ecm flash

#16 · (Edited)
Question is:
Is it only a styling exercise to align the looks with the GSXR and new Hayabusa?
Is it getting RBW and associated rider aids?
Is it using the K5-K8 engine design or going to the newer more oversquare engine?
Euro 5 is making it tough for manufacturers to comply. Perhaps they will go for a detuned current GSXR engine?
BMW used their current S1000RR engine in their super naked but removed titanium valves and VVT to keep coats down.
Japanese manufacturers particularly have been rapidly culling engines.
Just look at the reduction in power plants in the Honda line up over the past 5 years.

#31 ·
What does it look like ?
You can bet it won't look anything gross as Yamaha's re jigged MT09 effort.
I think it will move further towards the GSX-R front end look, BUT Suzuki will jackup the price. Remember how the R was quite reasonable, but now gone up very steeply.
It will get a Katana/R dash speedo head unit, cheaper single piston forks. You know the type, spring preload in one fork, rebound in the other, and one fork with compression.
Anything that looks new, but is cheaper and max's their profits.
Don't expect GSX-R stuff here for nix - just yellow paint on the spring and anodised gold forks and you won't be disappointed.
Wings ?
A free can of Red Bull under the seat.

Rob.

#43 ·
What does it look like ?
You can bet it won't look anything gross as Yamaha's re jigged MT09 effort.
I think it will move further towards the GSX-R front end look, BUT Suzuki will jackup the price. Remember how the R was quite reasonable, but now gone up very steeply.
It will get a Katana/R dash speedo head unit, cheaper single piston forks. You know the type, spring preload in one fork, rebound in the other, and one fork with compression.
Anything that looks new, but is cheaper and max's their profits.
Don't expect GSX-R stuff here for nix - just yellow paint on the spring and anodised gold forks and you won't be disappointed.
Wings ?
A free can of Red Bull under the seat.

Rob.
I would buy it just for the Red Bull🤩

#32 ·
If it's the same or better than the current model regarding features but with added electronics (IMU etc) and ride by wire with cruise control then i will be elated.
Followed by inconsolable sadness as there's a baby on the way and i'll likely have to surrender my bike for a second car :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.