GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, just took delivery of a leftover '16 GSX-S1000 yesterday afternoon, sure is a pretty blue.:)
I'm sure the young guys are all wondering why all the old guys are buying these bikes.
This is my 15th bike. My last daily ride, which I'm keeping for my son, is a '06 DL-1000 which has over 92,000 miles on it.
I love it even though all I've gotten on it is test ride miles, in a snow squall I might add.
Looking forward to info from this site and remember fellas, keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome! In my opinion there is no age to ride and have fun, there is no old and the young but only the most experienced and the least experienced.
Anyway congratulations for the new purchase.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
From one old guy to another, welcome.
I think there is a certain wisdom that's (sometimes) developed with age. I like to think that's why this bike appeals to older, more experienced, riders.
There are certainly some great younger riders that appreciate this bike too. Maybe USSENTERNCC1701E will pipe in here. ;)
It's just a great all-around bike. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but there aren't many bikes that fit into it's category, and I think it blows away the few that do (especially if you consider price).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome from an experienced delinquent.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts