GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Well I've just returned to riding after a long layoff after racing years ago. I bought a Harley, but that whole program doesn't agree with me!

I ordered a GSXS1000S after test riding Ducati Monster, MV Augusta Brutale and Yamaha XJR1300. I wanted a big, capable sporting (but not racing) ride that could tour on occasion but mostly for day trips.. And after testing, the GSXS came up trumps.

Ordered it last week, having only seen and ridden the naked but expect the F to be exactly what I want. I get it Tuesday Aussie time, so about a week for delivery and set up. I guess this means they're getting out to dealers now. From forum posts, I plan to put tank and rub point protection on immediately, the a Yoshimura pipe and rear mudguard kit after the first service.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome. The Yoshi pipes aren't legal in Australia. Suzuki are/have released an aftermarket pipe for the GSXS but I actually like the sound from the stock pipe. Any louder and I'd need ear plugs!

Also, if you haven't seen them already, the GSX-S1000F (fairing version) doesn't look that nice compared to the full naked, but personal preference I guess.

The R&G tail tidies are good (mine goes on today) but make sure you fit the reflector below the plate, as without it you'll cop a fine + demerit points!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up peejosity, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Interesting re the pipe, I assumed all were on the wrong side of legal?

R&G tail tidies... Are they nice? Any idea where to get ( or even see)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got mine from Brisbane Motorcycles Windsor (ask for Andy in Accessories). Most aftermarket pipes are illegal, but Suzuki were releasing one that keeps it legal. (not sure if all states though).

I've also got a heap of slide/drop protection for my bike. Most is on backorder though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked up the tail tidy, where have you ordered yours from? Atm it's more important than the pipe!

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey guys i had r&g tidy tail fitted but have since taken it off

anyone interested in buying it

im northside of brisbane

send me a pm

mat

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey guys i had r&g tidy tail fitted but have since taken it off

anyone interested in buying it

im northside of brisbane

send me a pm

mat
Why'd you take it off matdaddy?

Reactions: Dave Mohr

·
Registered
76 Posts
got fined by cops not worth fighting cops daily for just a tidy tail

looked at the rules and can not make heads or tails of them so took it off

·
Registered
109 Posts
They made them legal in Vic last year. But I don't want to get my arse wet so I think I will leave it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
got fined by cops not worth fighting cops daily for just a tidy tail

looked at the rules and can not make heads or tails of them so took it off
They probably have less of an idea than you do in terms of what is legal and what isn't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
he seamed to know what he was talking about,more then i knew before i got home to look up the rules
Well I've got the PDF from Dep Transport & Main Roads. The old "mud guard" style tail tidy was required to comply with the 45 degrees from the rear axle. That is no longer a requirement, and you're allowed to remove it, as long as you keep the reflector and other safety thingies on.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20standards/Vehicle%20standards%20instructions/VSIM4motorcyclemudguards.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I've got the PDF from Dep Transport & Main Roads. The old "mud guard" style tail tidy was required to comply with the 45 degrees from the rear axle. That is no longer a requirement, and you're allowed to remove it, as long as you keep the reflector and other safety thingies on.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20standards/Vehicle%20standards%20instructions/VSIM4motorcyclemudguards.pdf
Have any other Queenslanders had any issues with police?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have any other Queenslanders had any issues with police?
I didn't have any issues with the tail tidy on my last bike (Triumph Daytona), the only thing I got booked for was blue park lights.

The guys I ride with haven't had any issues with their tail tidies either. We've ridden through QLD, NSW, VIC and TAS without issues :)

Reactions: GixxusGirl
1 - 16 of 16 Posts