GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im currently contemplating getting the GSX/F as they are only about £8100 until the end of the month here in the UK, GSX/S is £7349 but have hit a snag...no grab rails I saw Renntec do some but very limited supply, anyone else do them or would a top box/luggage rack have them built in like my Givi has?
My wife has a bad back and needs to lean on a top box, The Ventura rack doesn't look suitable for a (large) Givi V47 top box, she only goes on the bike to local bike meets, and not that often so maybe a temporary back rest like the Harley guys use could surfice. Im open to ideas where to look ?

I currently ride a VFR1200 DCT with Decat and a Don Guhl ecu reflash and it goes like stink and estimate its about 170BHP rwp, but find it a bit heavy and hard work in the twisties, so looking for something a bit lighter, I tried the MT10 and its BONKERS and not very economical on fuel or tyres, lol

Im also looking at the Yam Tracer, but would prefer the GSX/F

I have been trying to join for a few days but on my mobile and it wouldn't read the hidden word you need to type in on registration page.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could I fasten the Givi top box mounting plate to that rack do you think ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Might not be too suitable for your wife if she has a bad back because the pillion seat is tipped forward a bit and the pillion has to fight to lean back or lean on the rider. Can't you just get a new wife more suited to the GSXS?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might not be too suitable for your wife if she has a bad back because the pillion seat is tipped forward a bit and the pillion has to fight to lean back or lean on the rider. Can't you just get a new wife more suited to the GSXS?
To bloody late I ordered one today,F type, she said the seat was very hard, but a gell pad can be added to it at some time, she only goes on the back 5-6 times a year.
Not even had a test ride, buying blind :eek:
I have had a CB1000R loan bike for a few weeks and got my vfr1200 back today, it was horrible , slow steering, very heavy. Think im hooked on the (almost) nakeds now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts