GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? Put a downpayment on a 2018 gsxs1000f yesterday. Figured I should join an owner's group to trade tips and stuff. First things I plan on doing are a fender eliminator and some sliders. Any recommendation? Found a full set of t rex sliders and case guards for around $300. Anyone used it? Anyway, cant wait to get my bike later this week.

·
Registered
890 Posts
T-Rex sliders are nice, I have a set of them.

Welcome, I'm jealous you get to ride SE Ohio, wish I'd had a street bike when I lived up there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SEO is kinda a haul for me, I live in NEO. I still make my way down past coshocton a few times a year.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome. If I recall when I was looking at sliders, there were some you would have to cut the plastic to fit the F, so you might be aware of that. I got the R&G Aero frame and case sliders, no cutting.
Haven't tried out their functionality yet. Ha.

Early on I thought the fender eliminator would be one of my first mods, but upon further reading found out you get showered with crud when riding through anything wet, so I decided on function over form. Like yesterday when there was a water leak leak where they had the road dug up and I had to ride through muddy water running over the road for about 500 feet. It was all over the fender and hugger, but nothing from the seat up and nothing on me.

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended up going with the t rex combo pack for sliders. They had a 10% off promo code if you ordered direct from their website so I got the whole kit for $271 shipped, and yes, they are no-cut fit for the F model. Bike should be delivered early next week, then it's a few boring tanks of gas to seat the rings and break everything in before I can go HAM on it. In the meantime, my 03 bandit 1200 really needs to sell so I can recoup my down payment money....but so far all I get off craigslist are scammers. Maybe I should put it in my driveway with a sign during the day.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just in time for the great riding weather. Seems we went right from winter into summer here. Couple weeks ago we had snow, now it's mid-80s. Bikes can take a while to sell on Craigslist but you should eventually get a legitimate serious inquiry or two.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What's up? Put a downpayment on a 2018 gsxs1000f yesterday. Figured I should join an owner's group to trade tips and stuff. First things I plan on doing are a fender eliminator and some sliders. Any recommendation? Found a full set of t rex sliders and case guards for around $300. Anyone used it? Anyway, cant wait to get my bike later this week.
You wont' fit in here homey, so piss off back to that unnamed OH local board full of degenerates. LOL Congrats on the new ride man!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Figured I would run into you here wojo. Hope to see you on the epic ride this month.

·
Registered
980 Posts
With a warm welcome like that on the forum, I was hoping you two knew each other.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey just pick up my GSX s1000 today in wooster if you looking to a ride I'm game
**** yeah, and check out ohioriders.net for other sport riders around the state. We do a track day at mid Ohio every year and several deals gap trips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts