GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome , first thing I do on most of my bikes is an end can , any one got any recommendations , although I must admit the stock one sounds ok, I do like a bit if noise though.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Welcome Aboard:)
An end can won't make any more noise I'm afraid. The muffler is that gert big box under the engine, you'll need a complete system to release some sounds and it'll also give you a few more ponies for free;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome Aboard:)
An end can won't make any more noise I'm afraid. The muffler is that gert big box under the engine, you'll need a complete system to release some sounds and it'll also give you a few more ponies for free;)

Really, that's the cat... if I took original end can off from just behind cat leaving cat in place ...it wouldn't sound any diffrent :eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Really, that's the cat... if I took original end can off from just behind cat leaving cat in place ...it wouldn't sound any diffrent :eek:
Hmmmm... 'Mr Nice'.... Kent... ex CB1000R owner by chance? :D

The cat is the small cylinder part of the exhaust just on the header side of the main silencer (the great big box that the small end can fits on to). Unfortunately it's only the small end can that is removable and removing the main silencer involves either cutting it by the cat and welding a link pipe (there's a thread on here somewhere about it) or replacing the complete system.

There is a small sound gain just by removing the end can, but not much. I'm still looking for a nice exhaust tip and heat shield worthy of removing the end can for. I have an extra original end can and heat shield that I bought off of eBay with the intention of trying to cut it down, but haven't set to it with the angle grinder yet.... I may just leave it as it is and powder coat it and the heat shield satin black with looks quite cool.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Where's the thumbs up smiley
Yes, that's the first thing I noticed.
Perhaps it means something else in Canada? or they are just not up to speed.:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the welcome , first thing I do on most of my bikes is an end can , any one got any recommendations , although I must admit the stock one sounds ok, I do like a bit if noise though.
Sorry i don't have any recommendations other than what others are using.

What i do recommend is save your cash on the slip-on and instead spend it on a new shock.

you won't have the sound or the looks that you are hoping to achieve but you will have a bike that will put a bigger smile on your face.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hmmmm... 'Mr Nice'.... Kent... ex CB1000R owner by chance? :D

The cat is the small cylinder part of the exhaust just on the header side of the main silencer (the great big box that the small end can fits on to). Unfortunately it's only the small end can that is removable and removing the main silencer involves either cutting it by the cat and welding a link pipe (there's a thread on here somewhere about it) or replacing the complete system.

There is a small sound gain just by removing the end can, but not much. I'm still looking for a nice exhaust tip and heat shield worthy of removing the end can for. I have an extra original end can and heat shield that I bought off of eBay with the intention of trying to cut it down, but haven't set to it with the angle grinder yet.... I may just leave it as it is and powder coat it and the heat shield satin black with looks quite cool.

Yeh that's me :D who's you ? Do I owe you money :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeh that's me :D who's you ? Do I owe you money :D
Ha ha, we met at Nelsons once on a CB1000R forum ride out before you were..... ahem... banned ;) :D (I was martin999)

Traded my CB in for an F back in May '15 when they weren't even in the country. Did a few cosmetic mods and had the ECU reflashed to sort out the throttle response which wasn't acceptable to me and haven't looked back since!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha ha, yeh I remember , how are you all good I hope, CB forum used to be a good forum, to many idiot mods on there though.
I'm looking forward to getting out on the GSX , I only got rid of CB a few months back, till we meet again :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts