GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd register; it might come in handy.

Test rode a 2015 model locally a few months back; was very impressed, liked it, couldn't see what the throttle fuss was.
Picked up my brand new 1000F yesterday and the throttle is certainly a bit worse than the one I test rode - I wouldn't say it's as bad as some of the videos I've seen, but certainly a bump in the road gave me a little "hoo-har" on the way back, so possibly something to look into/improve. The throttle was badly adjusted anyway - I've fixed that now so we'll see how things go once it's loosened up. Otherwise, all happy so far!

Contemplating 3D printing a new throttle grip - kind of like the throttle tamers. Seems an obvious move, given they are plastic originally - has someone already done this, to save myself the effort? Surely I'm not the first person to think of it....? I reckon I can get the necessary strength in it - might try it if no-one has been there, done it, got the T-shirt, etc.

Anyways, laters all.

Dan (brumster)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
:laugh:Welcome Aboard:laugh:

Probably the best time of year to buy. I'll bet the showroom was happy to see you at this time of year.
What colour did you go for?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went for the grey. Like you say, the saving over list was just too good a deal to pass up - a local dealer was asking for the same on a bike over 12 months old (used). There was a choice (pre-reg bikes) but the blues/reds where a few hundred quid more and I'm one of those sad, morose idiots who quite likes grey :D

Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts