GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
its funny because i like performance motor vehicles. I bought a performance car, the top of the line for my model so I would not have to modify it at all. I love my car.

I bought my motorcycle specifically so I could have something to tinker with

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
;)i did all my tinkering with bikes year ago when tinkering was easy an cheep....and had endless amount of time to do it....now i just want to ride on a bike that has more power then i can ever master.....i can see the fun in tinkering.. but with all the time it takes , most try to get it perfect and chase it all the time, never being satisfied or getting it right.....years ago if we made a change to your bike ,we would go to the same road and race or do a rollon against the same bike an person and see the gains or losses......now you go to a dyno to see if one made a gain....instead of the street where it really matters..........last 20 years i kept my bikes stock and enjoyed banging thew the gears againts bikes with power commanders ..pipes ect .....sounds like bull but at the track 1/4 mile, usually 6 times a year on bike night..the stock bikes kick ass the last 40 years...theres always a few bikes the same and one is usually stock...the stockers get the best numbers....thats the real world........hows the weather in florada you lucky bast.rd

·
Registered
719 Posts
Its been beautiful riding down here lately.... best time of year for bikes.

I do agree with you about mods and always chasing. I really wanted to learn more about fueling and engine setup. Ive seen bikes with lots of mods that run awesome and arguably better than OEM....I want a piece of that knowledge��..its just the nerd in me

·
Registered
285 Posts
well that bike review sums it up for me very nicely. Had my bike for over a year , no plans to change anything at present. The track where i live has been closed for months ,and may never be open to bikes again for all i know, so may never get to the point of street riding that what this bikes has got , won't be enough for my level of ability..... Never selling this one , love it too much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts