GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the other day and came across the UK accessories for the GSX. I REALLY want that carbon fiber windscreen. Do you think that we can order that here?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was browsing the other day and came across the UK accessories for the GSX. I REALLY want that carbon fiber windscreen. Do you think that we can order that here?
I'm not sure for you guys (I'm in New Zealand), but I just bought some stuff from the UK and was highly impressed with the price and shipping cost. Else, buy a cheap screen and get some carbon cloth and resin and go nuts! Checking the Suzuki GB site and they do ship internationally. Go for it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checking the Suzuki GB site and they do ship internationally. Go for it!
I'm probably going to. I should get the bike first, though. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fair enough! But won't you feel all warm and fuzzy inside if you have boxes of bits ready and waiting for her? The girl doesn't wait until prom night to get the dress... 0:)

I'm probably going to. I should get the bike first, though. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The girl doesn't wait until prom night to get the dress... 0:)
Bike bits are less prom dress than they are boob job. The prom dress is designed to come off at the end of the night, these are all bolt-on enhancements ;)

You're right, of course, I could order now, but I have money coming in that is going to be used to buy the bike and its boob job at the same time.

Planned mods include Pitbull keyless start, soft saddlebags, integrated stop and turn light, frame sliders, seat cowl and a carbon flyscreen. I'll play around with plastidip on the wheels a bit, but not too much. After all the bikes looks already make my heart race.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hahaha! Awesome. I thought my analogy was pretty clever, turns out you raised the game with the boobs!

The Pitbull keyless start sounds interesting! I'll have to do some research. Have you decided on sadlebags yet? I like the SW Motech's, but they are a bit pricey.

Bike bits are less prom dress than they are boob job. The prom dress is designed to come off at the end of the night, these are all bolt-on enhancements ;)

You're right, of course, I could order now, but I have money coming in that is going to be used to buy the bike and its boob job at the same time.

Planned mods include Pitbull keyless start, soft saddlebags, integrated stop and turn light, frame sliders, seat cowl and a carbon flyscreen. I'll play around with plastidip on the wheels a bit, but not too much. After all the bikes looks already make my heart race.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bags? I want the Motechs and price be damned. This bike is my reward to myself. I'ts been a long road, and I feel I deserve it. My last bike ate it after I got rear-ended, and I had to eat the cost becuase I didn't get gap insurance (like a moron).

I want it w/ ABS, black/red and naked as all bikes should be. I say that, of course because I ride city and wind buffeting isn't nearly the problem it is in the country. But **** this bike looks good naked.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like your justification for the bags! Good on ya, man.

The naked bike is definitely a looker (I've got the blue naked. I wanted the black and red (my Hayabusa is blacked out), but it would have been a while to get one in, and I'm not the most patient. The blue has grown on me though!

As a traffic light stalker on the way to work, she really can't be beat. Be warned, however, that the visceral nature of this bike is very addictive. I struggle to ride her sedately.

Bags? I want the Motechs and price be damned. This bike is my reward to myself. I'ts been a long road, and I feel I deserve it. My last bike ate it after I got rear-ended, and I had to eat the cost becuase I didn't get gap insurance (like a moron).

I want it w/ ABS, black/red and naked as all bikes should be. I say that, of course because I ride city and wind buffeting isn't nearly the problem it is in the country. But **** this bike looks good naked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your justification for the bags! Good on ya, man.

The naked bike is definitely a looker (I've got the blue naked. I wanted the black and red (my Hayabusa is blacked out), but it would have been a while to get one in, and I'm not the most patient. The blue has grown on me though!

As a traffic light stalker on the way to work, she really can't be beat. Be warned, however, that the visceral nature of this bike is very addictive. I struggle to ride her sedately.
You know what does it for me? I don't like the 'S' that the blue has on the side where the fairings would be. If they had broken that up visually (like the black and red did by shifting colors) I would like it a lot better. Make the upper part of that white, putting it in the GIXXER livery with the neon lettering, and I would be all over that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like your style! That would really work. IF I'd have bought the black and red, I'd have been tempted to just black the whole thing out. I did that to my Hayabusa and it looks mean.

You know what does it for me? I don't like the 'S' that the blue has on the side where the fairings would be. If they had broken that up visually (like the black and red did by shifting colors) I would like it a lot better. Make the upper part of that white, putting it in the GIXXER livery with the neon lettering, and I would be all over that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like your style! That would really work. IF I'd have bought the black and red, I'd have been tempted to just black the whole thing out. I did that to my Hayabusa and it looks mean.
I was playing with the idea of replacing the red bits with CF, but I'm cheap.

·
Registered
328 Posts
YUSS! I'm with you on that, but you'd need to make the pieces yourself to save some money, and even then you wouldn't save that much. The biggest drawback to going carbon, in my opinion, is you need to make a carbon fibre fuel tank to complete the look (and make it super light). On top of that, to REALLY complete the look, you need to add some BST carbon wheels. But then your wee Suzuki cost you the same as a Ducati Panigale R. It would weigh about as much as a 600 though.

I am thinking of taking a mold of my Ermax screen so I can make a carbon version though. I reckon that would look pretty sweet, although I doubt I'd be saving that much weight.

I was playing with the idea of replacing the red bits with CF, but I'm cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YUSS! I'm with you on that, but you'd need to make the pieces yourself to save some money, and even then you wouldn't save that much. The biggest drawback to going carbon, in my opinion, is you need to make a carbon fibre fuel tank to complete the look (and make it super light). On top of that, to REALLY complete the look, you need to add some BST carbon wheels. But then your wee Suzuki cost you the same as a Ducati Panigale R. It would weigh about as much as a 600 though.

I am thinking of taking a mold of my Ermax screen so I can make a carbon version though. I reckon that would look pretty sweet, although I doubt I'd be saving that much weight.
It's not about saving weight for me, it's about the look. On a whim tonight I wrote a local auto CF shop to see if they'd wrap the red pieces in red CF, and how much that would cost.....Wrapping should be much cheaper than fabricating. My bike will stay garaged, and I have a parking structure at work, so UV fade should be minimum. I figure if I supply my own CF cloth I should be able to get away with them wrapping it for me for...like...a grand? I don't know.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Getting them to wrap the pieces would save a heap. You could always get a paint shop/do it yourself to hit them with a UV resistant clear coat afterwards as well. I wouldn't have thought that would be too expensive either. But, if she spends the majority of her sitting time sheltered, you should be sweet as.

I wonder if there are any Chinese plastics for our bikes yet? Wrapping a set of those so if you do get fade you haven't badgered your OEM plastics come resale time might be worth considering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts