GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Things you should know???

Like how the instrument cluster fuel warning indicator sometimes says 0 fuel and when you get to the gas station there's still some fuel in the tank?

Or how this bike only take premium fuel at the gas pumps?

Or how this bike will burn through rear tires quickly if you like the power?

Or how your more likely to get a speeding ticket on this bike over your previous bike, which probably was a Ninja 250 or something like that?

Or what a bitch it is to get the engine oil filter off when you have the F model?

·
Registered
547 Posts
In short. No.

With bikes that have inherent quirks and outright faults, a thread like this can be very helpful.
My old SV1000S suffered from potentially catastrophic issues relating to flywheel magnets detaching, breaking into pieces and ruining the motor. Headlight voltage too powerful for the connector and melting it, leaving one stranded on the side of the road.

There are no such issues with the gsx-s.
Mods are optional but entirely unnecessary.
I am astounded by the lack of issues presented by owners since its arrival on the market in 2015.

I've gone to the forums for the other bikes I considered purchasing (speed triple/tuono/mt10) and there are major problems being discussed.

Another reason why I'm so happy I went with the gsx-s.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Check out the fuel snatch thread if your bored, that's a massive issue for me still

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here's all you need to know; for small money you get the best motorcycle engine and frame but you need to spend a little more to make the bike perfect; a booster plug for the snatchy throttle ($200) from Denmark, and $1000 for a real rear shock absorber (Wilbers 641, Nitron etc) instead of the pogo stick hidden away from view when you bought your bike. Once done, if you can ride, there is no bike can get away from you and it has Suzuki reliability, just change the oil every 5000Km; no belt changes, computer link ups or all the other bullsh*t you get with European bikes; you'll still be well in front of Ducati, MV, Aprillia owners, so with the spare cash, get rid of the turkey baster catalytic converter and put on some black arrow pipes ($600) and leave the OEM muffler which looks cool and maintains the appearance of legality.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here's all you need to know; for small money you get the best motorcycle engine and frame but you need to spend a little more to make the bike perfect; a booster plug for the snatchy throttle ($200) from Denmark, and $1000 for a real rear shock absorber (Wilbers 641, Nitron etc) instead of the pogo stick hidden away from view when you bought your bike. Once done, if you can ride, there is no bike can get away from you and it has Suzuki reliability, just change the oil every 5000Km; no belt changes, computer link ups or all the other bullsh*t you get with European bikes; you'll still be well in front of Ducati, MV, Aprillia owners, so with the spare cash, get rid of the turkey baster catalytic converter and put on some black arrow pipes ($600) and leave the OEM muffler which looks cool and maintains the appearance of legality.
Unfortunately booster plug does not fix the snatchy throttle, I've owned one, sold it.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My names Mike and I have an F... (you know.. 1st step?) Once I got the original filter off (put on by Godzilla, no, the real one..., and another whole thread somewhere), I started using HiFloFiltro 138RC with the nut on top. Oil changes on the F are simple and easy with a ratchet and an extension. So, maybe that would be a good "thing you should know"? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Change the OE Dunlop tyres now.
Unless the road is 100% dry and above 15C it will have you lying on your back wondering what just happened... I know! :mad:
Literally any other tyre will be better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Change the OE Dunlop tyres now.
Unless the road is 100% dry and above 15C it will have you lying on your back wondering what just happened... I know! :mad:
Literally any other tyre will be better.

Stock tyres do suck.
I got Bridgestone S22's on her now.
Need to put more distance on them to give an opinion of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts