GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 GSXS and I have changed my gearing ratio significantly and swapped the exhaust. It's obviously a tad different now for the better. My clutch has starting slipping recently and I'm sure you all know that the full kits aren't very cheap. I've never done a clutch before so.mayne there's something I'm missing? What exact parts would you replace? Friction plates, steel plates, springs..what else? Could I just order a GSXR clutch rebuild kit?

2016 GSX S1000FA 28k Miles

· Registered
362 Posts
I have a 2018 Gsx-s1000f. I had a 2005 gsxr1000, and a new Suzuki complete clutch kit that I never used.

I checked the part numbers and the gsxr clutch kit has the same part numbers as my gsxs. The price when I bought the Suzuki kit was very reasonable, and I’m sure you living in the U.S. can get it just as cheaply.

· Banned
155 Posts
I have a 2016 GSXS and I have changed my gearing ratio significantly and swapped the exhaust. It's obviously a tad different now for the better. My clutch has starting slipping recently and I'm sure you all know that the full kits aren't very cheap. I've never done a clutch before so.mayne there's something I'm missing? What exact parts would you replace? Friction plates, steel plates, springs..what else? Could I just order a GSXR clutch rebuild kit?

2016 GSX S1000FA 28k Miles
replace the whole clutch buy a barnett- or ebc clutch kit-I went to suzuki parts 170 dollars springs friction fiber plates and gasket-- you got 28k out of stock i would replace with stock- but ebc and barnett are good too springs usually are stiffer--- its easy to do drain oil take cover off undo springs take cover off take plates out soak in oil replace-- make sure you look at what the first plat was they are different sometimes--
Font Material property Body jewelry Circle Auto part
Font Material property Body jewelry Circle Auto part

· Registered
2016 f
696 Posts
Pre 2018 Gsxs clutch hub is a gsxrk7, but without slipper clutch set up, after 2018 is fully gsxr1000k7, actually vast majority of the gsxs eng is k7/8 dont know why they say its k5 based, gearbox is k5-k7/8 ,though the conrods are similar to k4, crank is same k5- 8, cyl block casting is k7/8,( early gsxs just didnt have cyl vent holes machined) sump is k7, cyl head is k7 but with steel valves and all gsxr k series camshafts fit into the head ( minus k9) pistons/rings are gsxs specific, oil pump is k8, but oil pick up is different, one other thing different is the starter clutch drive housing, im not sure if that was on a previous model, but the gsxr gasket dont fit that, all other gsxr k7 gaskets fit though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.