GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 GSXS and I have changed my gearing ratio significantly and swapped the exhaust. It's obviously a tad different now for the better. My clutch has starting slipping recently and I'm sure you all know that the full kits aren't very cheap. I've never done a clutch before so.mayne there's something I'm missing? What exact parts would you replace? Friction plates, steel plates, springs..what else? Could I just order a GSXR clutch rebuild kit?

2016 GSX S1000FA 28k Miles

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a 2018 Gsx-s1000f. I had a 2005 gsxr1000, and a new Suzuki complete clutch kit that I never used.

I checked the part numbers and the gsxr clutch kit has the same part numbers as my gsxs. The price when I bought the Suzuki kit was very reasonable, and I’m sure you living in the U.S. can get it just as cheaply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the response! The gsxs kits I'm seeing are around 300 USD. I know it has a few more friction plates and steel plates.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I have a 2016 GSXS and I have changed my gearing ratio significantly and swapped the exhaust. It's obviously a tad different now for the better. My clutch has starting slipping recently and I'm sure you all know that the full kits aren't very cheap. I've never done a clutch before so.mayne there's something I'm missing? What exact parts would you replace? Friction plates, steel plates, springs..what else? Could I just order a GSXR clutch rebuild kit?

2016 GSX S1000FA 28k Miles
replace the whole clutch buy a barnett- or ebc clutch kit-I went to suzuki parts 170 dollars springs friction fiber plates and gasket-- you got 28k out of stock i would replace with stock- but ebc and barnett are good too springs usually are stiffer--- its easy to do drain oil take cover off undo springs take cover off take plates out soak in oil replace-- make sure you look at what the first plat was they are different sometimes--
Font Material property Body jewelry Circle Auto part
Font Material property Body jewelry Circle Auto part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts