GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Does any motorcycle exist that can do that??
Of course they exist! Check out the Zero SR/F, no clutch, no noise, no RPM, but is not $10K, more like $20K, still over 3 seconds from 0-60, just about 80 miles range.
Like I said, it is only a wish. :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wish Suzuki would make a transmission that I could cruise at 100 MPH @ 4~5K rpm
Yes I miss the B king cruising 80mph at 4000rpm was very relaxed, although personally I have no interest in 6 axis traction control and colour tft screens.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not that I've ever seen, great idea though, the gsxs1000 has more than enough torque to do it. I'd love to be sitting at 80mph with 2.5-3k revs. All these little islands we have in the UK mean I have to be in first, so annoying on a twitchy bike, gears 1-3 lowish then 4th-5th blends into a really high 6th would be ideal.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Maybe I am asking for a Honda Gold Wing 2020, 7 speed with dual clutch automatic, Reverse gear, 800 lbs, seat height 29.3" for about $32k.
This one would be great for cruising from California to New York:p

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes I miss the B king cruising 80mph at 4000rpm was very relaxed, although personally I have no interest in 6 axis traction control and colour tft screens.
Wow! just wow, this is a nice bike! I was just checking the specs and I love it. What is the equivalent to today's bikes?
Suzuki B-King Review—From The Archives
Too bad they were sold for one year only.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It was the best bike I ever owned and only changed because of the weight and bulky size compared to the Gsxs, fast, reliable,comfortable, good economy too, the only thing it lacked for me was underseat storage due to the exhaust system. Smooth from 1-10,000 rpm and a decent suspension and great quality finish and components.

·
Registered
680 Posts
While I admit the cruising at 6k rpm felt strange at first having come from a cruiser, I can't help but think now that you might have bought the wrong bike if you've not grown accustomed to it.
And a zero motor would be turning many, many times the rpm if it even goes 100mph.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
They have a market for it, they know they can sell it as it is, why making any changes to the bike? I guess they don't have any competitor that sells a 1000cc bike at their price.
Ninja 1000SX for $12,400. Cruise, quick-shifter up and down, lean angle ABS, TFT, lots of goodies, much better suspension.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
best ride i ever took was on a mini bike for the first time many years ago....it was perfect ,, dont need or want any of that ....beem me up scotty stuff on my bike

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Just squeeze my B-King engine into the GSX-S

·
Registered
287 Posts
The problem is that most of those features would increase the cost of the bike significantly. If I wanted lots of features like different ride modes, leaning abs, cruise, etc I could of bought the BMW S1000R or the Super Duke R or several other bikes, but they would have been a lot more expensive. The GSXS was meant to be cheaper than those bikes for people who don't need those features. Personally I like a bare bones bike with a powerful engine, and decent suspension/brakes.

What I'd like to see most of all are factory side cases, which most of its competitors already have (ninja 1000, tracer 900gt, vfr 800, etc). They need to easily attach to the tail section, and when they are removed the tail section needs to look clean. They also need to complement the sleek lines of the bike rather than looking like an afterthought. Kawasaki was able to achieve this with the Ninja 1000. Then Suzuki could charge an extra $800 or whatever for the cases so that buyers who don't want the cases don't have to pay the extra money.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Also I don't think a color display with bluetooth (that let's you control music on your phone using handlebar controls) would raise the price that much, this is 2020 and that tech has gotten cheaper. Would definitely raise the price a little though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
By the way on suzuki's website it says the GSXS has low rpm assist. Was this introduced recently or has this bike always had it? I wasn't aware my 2016 had this and never noticed anything like that while riding.

·
Registered
533 Posts
They have had it since release, it just raises the rpm if you go to stall it, most pointless feature on the bike, if anyone actually found it useful they can't ride and shouldn't be on a 1000cc bike.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
They have had it since release, it just raises the rpm if you go to stall it, most pointless feature on the bike, if anyone actually found it useful they can't ride and shouldn't be on a 1000cc bike.
Says you? I find it useful and I've been riding since the early 70's (bought my 850 Norton Commando new, with a 350 Ducati as trade-in).

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sometimes (read always) when I'm sitting at a light I engage the assist because I like the way it makes my bike sound. For whatever reason it makes a cool rumbly sound.
I can't imagine it does anything for stalling since I'm revving to 2or 3k probably to take off even casually.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
best ride i ever took was on a mini bike for the first time many years ago....it was perfect ,, dont need or want any of that ....beem me up scotty stuff on my bike
I think that's the third time you've said basically the same thing in just this one thread.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just let the clutch out a little. If you're not noticing it you probably have your clutch lever adjusted in a manner that perpetually engages it.
Mine is set so I let off a couple mm and it revs up

41 - 60 of 82 Posts