GSXS 1000 Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is great! Please report back how the bike performs after the remapping. Some questions if you don't mind:
1-) Is it louder now without the cat?
2-) How is the MPG after you decat, better or worse?
3-) Does it have even more power now without the cat?
4-) Would it have more longevity and reliability doing these modifications? Thanks.

I'm over 50 also and feel better than ever, as a matter in fact, I think that my life started at 50, no more crying babies, no debts (no house payments), not slaved to a woman, not drinking, not smoking, no drugs (except good coffee), tons of life experience (I wish I had when I was 18), no pain, more time for myself to listening to my home stereo, playing with my PC, doing photography, playing my hand made Spanish guitar and I can even ride a bike for commuting and have so much fun. It cannot get better than that :p

Oh, I'm in the process of making an Italian oven to make home pizza and other goodies.
I'm 52. Bought the naked version new last year. This will likely be the last bike I own(along with 2 others) so it has received all the mods to make it the best it can be, for me. Rear shock is absolutely worth the investment, so is adjusting the fuelling to be optimum for whatever mods you choose.

I think it is universally accepted that these two mods make the bike truly shine. If you plan to keep yours for a long time, you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm 52. Bought the naked version new last year.
Yes! I love my GSXS1000 naked version. I got it new in February, great bike.

This will likely be the last bike I own(along with 2 others)
Good for you! I have 2 others also, I'm thinking about getting me the Kawasaki Z650 to fill the gap between the 500cc and 1000cc

so it has received all the mods to make it the best it can be, for me. Rear shock is absolutely worth the investment, so is adjusting the fuelling to be optimum for whatever mods you choose.
That's great! Eventually I want to upgrade the rear shock and I will get a Corbin seat.

I think it is universally accepted that these two mods make the bike truly shine. If you plan to keep yours for a long time, you cannot go wrong.
I agree with you 100%.

·
Registered
2017 GSXS1000F & 2017 Moto Guzzi Griso SE 8V
16 Posts
There hasn't been any type of a redesign since the bike came out nearly five years ago, just color changes. No attention paid to the bike's few shortcomings we'd like to see addressed.

I hope to see a nice refresh for 2021. If they want to compete, I'd like to see cruise control, quick-shifter, better suspension, LED lighting all around, single headlight on the F model, MUCH better ECU tuning (yes, it can be done), lean-angle ABS would be nice.

Kawasaki added a lot of this to their 2020 Ninja 1000SX and put out a nice bike for $12,400.

I'd sure like to see Suzuki surprise us for next year.... or maybe it will be same ole. I left the GSXS fold for a KTM SD GT. It's a beast and fun to ride, but I am not loving the big V-Twin and miss the utter smoothness of that K5 motor. Suspension, brakes and fueling are outstanding.
Teaser video of new GSXS

·
Registered
2017 GSXS1000F & 2017 Moto Guzzi Griso SE 8V
16 Posts
So they've released the re-designed naked version.

Has anyone had any news of the GSXS1000 F being released?
Nothing yet.
I personally would like it if they copied the GSXR fairing. Maybe even use the same part numbers wherever possible e.g. headlight cluster.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,885 Posts
Nothing yet.
I personally would like it if they copied the GSXR fairing. Maybe even use the same part numbers wherever possible e.g. headlight cluster.
Quite agree, I said this a long time ago when I was on my usual anti F rant. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see that there's a few articles speculating that the GSXS 1000 F is going to have it's suffix changed to GSXS 1000 T (for touring) and is going to be 12kg heavier but can carry an extra 20kg and have a screen that's 100mm / 4" taller.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts