GSXS 1000 Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is great! Please report back how the bike performs after the remapping. Some questions if you don't mind:
1-) Is it louder now without the cat?
2-) How is the MPG after you decat, better or worse?
3-) Does it have even more power now without the cat?
4-) Would it have more longevity and reliability doing these modifications? Thanks.

I'm over 50 also and feel better than ever, as a matter in fact, I think that my life started at 50, no more crying babies, no debts (no house payments), not slaved to a woman, not drinking, not smoking, no drugs (except good coffee), tons of life experience (I wish I had when I was 18), no pain, more time for myself to listening to my home stereo, playing with my PC, doing photography, playing my hand made Spanish guitar and I can even ride a bike for commuting and have so much fun. It cannot get better than that :p

Oh, I'm in the process of making an Italian oven to make home pizza and other goodies.
I'm 52. Bought the naked version new last year. This will likely be the last bike I own(along with 2 others) so it has received all the mods to make it the best it can be, for me. Rear shock is absolutely worth the investment, so is adjusting the fuelling to be optimum for whatever mods you choose.

I think it is universally accepted that these two mods make the bike truly shine. If you plan to keep yours for a long time, you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm 52. Bought the naked version new last year.
Yes! I love my GSXS1000 naked version. I got it new in February, great bike.

This will likely be the last bike I own(along with 2 others)
Good for you! I have 2 others also, I'm thinking about getting me the Kawasaki Z650 to fill the gap between the 500cc and 1000cc

so it has received all the mods to make it the best it can be, for me. Rear shock is absolutely worth the investment, so is adjusting the fuelling to be optimum for whatever mods you choose.
That's great! Eventually I want to upgrade the rear shock and I will get a Corbin seat.

I think it is universally accepted that these two mods make the bike truly shine. If you plan to keep yours for a long time, you cannot go wrong.
I agree with you 100%.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts