GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests. Headlight is mega and she runs even better on cool damp air. Gotta say the snatchy throttle is definitely not as bad after first service and normal octane fuel. As for full throttle. Holy moly 馃槺

Registered
Engines love cold air. I'm looking forward to early autumn mid morning, 8 degrees air temp and the sun just burning off the damp.
There are going to be some power wheelies going on >:D

Registered
As the title suggests. Headlight is mega and she runs even better on cool damp air. Gotta say the snatchy throttle is definitely not as bad after first service and normal octane fuel. As for full throttle. Holy moly 馃槺
what do you mean by normal octane fuel?. Can get 91, 95, 98 ( i think) and biofuel mix which they claim is over 100 where I am.
currently using 95 and getting sick of the throttle issue to be honest, willing to try anything.

Registered
G'day Mattnz,

I adjusted the throttle cable up heaps so as to have very minimum freeplay plus I'm running BP Ultimate 98 here in Aus.

Snatchy abrupt throttle GONE!. It was like riding a completely different bike, a much more pleasurable ride, performance is smooth & the engine is a cracker.

Cheers,

Zac.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
what do you mean by normal octane fuel?. Can get 91, 95, 98 ( i think) and biofuel mix which they claim is over 100 where I am.
currently using 95 and getting sick of the throttle issue to be honest, willing to try anything.
As ackack says we only get 95 or 98 here in blighty so running 95, now Im not sure if its just my imagination but my throttle calmed down after I had two occasions to wind to the stops twice >:D but I can now sit at 30mph in third if I want to and the surge is not nearly as bad but it might just be in my head

Registered
G'day Mattnz,

I adjusted the throttle cable up heaps so as to have very minimum freeplay plus I'm running BP Ultimate 98 here in Aus.

Snatchy abrupt throttle GONE!. It was like riding a completely different bike, a much more pleasurable ride, performance is smooth & the engine is a cracker.

Cheers,

Zac.
Glad to hear your bike now running a lot better, it was the 1st thing I did when I got it home. :D

Registered
full throttle !!! i tried it once and nearly had to get a new pair of arms as mine were nearly ripped off , its a very quick bike riding it normally , but after 8k it takes off like a stabbed rat !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
full throttle !!! i tried it once and nearly had to get a new pair of arms as mine were nearly ripped off , its a very quick bike riding it normally , but after 8k it takes off like a stabbed rat !!!
I know but when you have done it once you just gotta keep getting that rush. Although it does tend to cause a power wheelie 馃槇

1 - 10 of 10 Posts