GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here come from an MT/FZ09?
I currently have an MT09SP and while it's a great bike, I miss the top end power of a litre bike.

My old bike before the MT was a 2010 FZ1.
The MT is great in the tight stuff but I find it a tad weak on the highway.

Anyway, how do you find the GSXS compared to the MT09? Are you happy with it?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I haven't owned a MT-09 but I've ridden one. The top end rush on this bike is a huge step up from the MT-09 so I think you'd be pretty happy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a FZ09 before, one of the earlier ones, 2015. The FZ09 competes with the GSX-S750, not the GSX-S1000 which is in another league, more like the FZ10.

I personally did not like the 3-cyl engine which in mine had a horrible vibration between 4K and 6 K. To me it never really felt like 850cc, it felt more like a new 750, but not smooth, like a four. The throttle was also way too jerky, the seat too tall, and the seating position too straight up. To me, it did not feel like a sport bike, but more like off-road bike.

I own the GSX-S1000 and even though is getting long in the tooth (5 year cycle), and 40 lbs heavier, (it is a bigger bike), it corrected my dislikes of the FZ-09..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I owned the 2014 FZ-09. I thought it was a great bike. Super fun, upright almost supermoto type riding position. Its true it lacks the top end rush of a legit liter bike, plenty of low end grunt though. Generally I would say the handling is better on the GSXS but you have the SP model so, I'm not sure how that would compare. But I can tell you the GSXS is a more planted, stable machine at higher speeds. I think the build quality is a bit better on the Suzuki also. Its really something that you'd have to decide for yourself, try to get a demo ride of some sort.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I owned a 2015 FZ-09 for three years. I am very familiar with that machine. Great motor! Snatchy throttle, cheap suspension and the gearbox can't compare to the GXS. Suzuki motor is smoother and I think the GXS is much more stable and handles considerably better. That's after getting rid of the cheap stamped rear shock and doing some upgrades on the front works. The FZ/MT-09 is a great bang for the buck but not in the class of the GXS1000. Yamaha made lots of compromises to get the price down; for instance one I can think of is the front end damping can only be adjusted on one side. Part with the extra bucks and get the GXS. Spend the $189 and get Dano or whomever to reflash the ECU to smooth it out and take some of the engine brake out and you've got a bike that will never cease to amaze you. Good Luck! BTW: I think Suzuki still has the 0% finace deal for 60 months with nothing down. That's like free money!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone here come from an MT/FZ09?
I currently have an MT09SP and while it's a great bike, I miss the top end power of a litre bike.
If you want top end speed you definitely need a 1000cc bike. The GSXS1000 gets from 90 to 120mph very quickly.
GSXS1000 is not a bike to ride it on a parking lot.

My old bike before the MT was a 2010 FZ1.
The MT is great in the tight stuff but I find it a tad weak on the highway.
It seems to me that it has really good low to mid end speed.

Anyway, how do you find the GSXS compared to the MT09? Are you happy with it?
I definitely liked more the GSXS 1000cc, I guess it compares more to the MT10 but its more money and super tall for me.

In the future I may replace my Honda CB500F with the MT07 for street and busy Fwy driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had an mt09 tracer for 6 months, had to get rid because of the vibration made my feet go numb, apart from that i was happy with the power especially when in A mode, the gsxf is a far better bike in my opinion

cheers
neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts