GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the result?

I am trying to determine if I need to get case sliders in case of a drop on the side. I currently have the TRex Sliders installed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep, dropped my naked about 4 months ago. Coming off a gravel rest area at walking pace to join the highway and stalled it whilst leaned over with too little throttle. My legs weren't long enough/I wasn't fast enough to support it and down it went. A bit of damage to the ego but virtually nothing to the bike thanks to these: Suzuki GSX-S1000 '15- Aero Style Crash Protectors CP0393BL . The protector received minor pitting from the gravel and there was a very slight mark on the alloy muffler end-cap.

Glad I had the foresight to fit protectors as soon as I got the bike!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no of course not , every good biker throws themselves under their bike when they drop it . We lose lots of bark , bike is unmarked try it some time.
Do you wait for someone to come by and pick the bike off you? Need to learn the technique :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
being quite slim always managed to slide out once stopped, except one time when the bike was wedged under the armco ,so called safety railing, then i did require assistance , the armco pole had nice sharp edges and demolished my full face helmet, was lucky only needed 22 stitches around one eye, broken cheekbone, broken nose, and 2 broken teeth. Glad i was not wearing an open face that day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I dumped mine a few weeks after I got it. I did the ol' too much front brake with the wheel slightly turned @ 5mph in the driveway. I have an excuse. I've ridden 400,000 miles in my riding career and only a handful of those miles are in driveways.

Broke the footpeg off, very small scratch on lower portion of the radiator fairing, exhaust cap and the upper engine cover that sticks out . I bought a foot peg and exhaust cap for $90 and fixed the rest myself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I dumped mine a few weeks after I got it. I did the ol' too much front brake with the wheel slightly turned @ 5mph in the driveway. I have an excuse. I've ridden 400,000 miles in my riding career and only a handful of those miles are in driveways.

Broke the footpeg off, very small scratch on lower portion of the radiator fairing, exhaust cap and the upper engine cover that sticks out . I bought a foot peg and exhaust cap for $90 and fixed the rest myself.
I did the exact same thing!

·
Registered
539 Posts
First day I had mine, all if the 60ish miles home from the dealer. Let my sister ride it, she's got a lot of miles under her belt, even had an R6 of her own for a few years with a couple track weekends; sold it while her kid is a toddler, but will be buying another in a few years. She headed down the drive way, hit the gravel at the bottom, front wheel slid out. She caught it like a champ, and apologized profusely.

·
Registered
371 Posts

That is precisely why I don't use any front brake below around 10 mph.

Also leaves your right hand available for rev bombs if there are any children nearby to scare. I kid, of course.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is precisely why I don't use any front brake below around 10 mph.

Also leaves your right hand available for rev bombs if there are any children nearby to scare. I kid, of course.
It happened so fast I didn't know I dumped it. One minute upright....next minute looking at the sky. I apron to my garage is shaded by the overhang. It stays cool and has a very fine covering of what looks like moss. Right time of day and it's slicker 'n eels snot. Stupid move on my part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts