GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm after any recommendations for a quick action throttle. Has anybody fitted one? What did you go for? How did you find it?

I'd like to try the Active quick action throttle, but not sure if the GSXR1K version will fit our bike.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, PhuketPaul! Sounds like that is a viable option.

How much did it reduce the action to get to full throttle?

Hi,

I put Rizoma grips on mine, but used the mid sized tube rather than the one the same size as the original, thus i got a quicker action and new grips.

Works great

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, appreciate you getting back to me. That could work. Not sure how happy I am about losing hours trying to decide what style and colour option to get though... How do you find the grips? I have seen those grips before and was concerned about slippage on the metal part. How do you find them in use?

QUOTE=PhuketPaul;186049]Probably by only 10-20%. Can get full throttle quite easily in one movement now, couldn't before.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, thank you for your help, PhuketPaul!

Much much grippier than the original, the smooth metal part is just on the web between thumb and first finger, the palms and fingers grip the hard grippy part in the middle - no chance of slipping

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had a motion pro 'revolver' quick turn throttle on my last bike. Came with diiferent cams for different degrees of turn. It was well made and worked well.
I've also had experience with a domino quick turn throttle, it was very stiff to turn I didn't really like it.
Cable length will be the most important thing to consider if you try to use one made for a gsxr.
There's always the 'cable tie mod'.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help and recommendation, Mattnz! The MotionPro Rev2 looks exactly what I'm after. I'm still not sold on whether I myself would be comfortable with the Rizoma setup, whereas the MotionPro Rev2 unit would allow me to retain more standard style grips. Not too bad on the price point either.

I had a motion pro 'revolver' quick turn throttle on my last bike. Came with diiferent cams for different degrees of turn. It was well made and worked well.
I've also had experience with a domino quick turn throttle, it was very stiff to turn I didn't really like it.
Cable length will be the most important thing to consider if you try to use one made for a gsxr.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, which would admittedly still achieve my goal. Being able to retain the standard style grips does tick all the boxes for me, personally, though.

Thanks for all your help! I'll post some feedback once I've fitted the MotionPro Rev2 unit.

That does look ideal, mine was more a by product of the new grips that i wanted rather than an initial plan to reduce the twist needed to reach full throttle

Paul

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just out of interest, mattnz, what bike did you have the MotionPro fitted to?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A mate of mine used to have one of those before he got the Z1000. That would have been fun with a quick throttle!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts