GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Denali SoundBomb air horn (not the split version) and even with the side fairing and the front headlight assembly taken out, i can't find where I will be able to bolt it.

Does anyone already achieve this ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
834 Posts
I could not find place to mount the whole thing. I went with the split model. Compressor under the tank, horn onto the right side radiator hose inside the fairing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your compressor vertical? In the installation note, it was mentioned that the compressor must be vertical with an inclination of up to 25 degrees.

I think I managed to find a place to install the non-split version. In the fairing of the left side, near the fork. I removed the Ty-rap holding the flasher wire and I use the fairing stand-off. I'm probably going to have to stick the bottom of the horn to the fearing ... I think using PL Premium glue would do the trick but I do not know if the fairing plastic will react. I have reused an original horn bracket so that it is exactly in the right place. I also bought Plug and Play wiring harness and I think they will be long enough to go through the right fairing and in the headlight housing.

I will put pictures of the inside of the fairing soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So, if other people try to do it, here are finally the pictures of the installation. I confirm that this is the only place on the 1000F that we can install the SoundBomb (nonsplit version) without it being visible. In fact, I would say the only place visible or not. I had to make a homemade metal bracket to hold it because it was leaning on the left fork.

https://imghost.io/image/jgEKX

https://imghost.io/image/jgiq8

https://imghost.io/image/jgoVO

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
In over 20000 miles I can't remember ever using my horn. Except to activate my auto garage door opener AKA Wife.

Reactions: Beaker and Fer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I asked my dealer to install this horn, few days after, the sound of the horn changed, becoming weaker. I was at a garage this afternoon for my cat delete and the mechanic show me that my horn was actually melting. Too close to the radiator in guess, you can take a look at the pictures bellow. Could anyone show me the proper place to install this on the left side. Thx

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi all, I asked my dealer to install this horn, few days after, the sound of the horn changed, becoming weaker. I was at a garage this afternoon for my cat delete and the mechanic show me that my horn was actually melting. Too close to the radiator in guess, you can take a look at the pictures bellow. Could anyone show me the proper place to install this on the left side. Thx View attachment 43636 View attachment 43637
Do you have an F model? There is quite alot of room inside the left fairing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have a F, it was actually installed on the left side fairing. Here is a pic where it was install, this is not my actual bike as it’s sitting in the mechanic garage.

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's in the original horn position no? I'd fit a bracket and cable tie it for good measure inside the upper fairing away from heat.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
No Denali but two is better than one. :)
Linked up a spare BMW horn I had lying around. 1591866435233.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update, I had a discussion with the Denali team. They said the plastic used on the horn should resist to high temperatures and even near the radiator, the unit should not be melting. They told me to send the defective unit back and they will send me a replacement.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have attempted to find a location for thesplit Denali on my F. Tried twice and still haven't managed to find a solid and concealed location for the compressor or horn. Can someone please post a few images to give me inspiration? Planning to keep stock horn too as a little peep on a jab of the button while the compressor spools up for a big blast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have attempted to find a location for thesplit Denali on my F. Tried twice and still haven't managed to find a solid and concealed location for the compressor or horn. Can someone please post a few images to give me inspiration? Planning to keep stock horn too as a little peep on a jab of the button while the compressor spools up for a big blast.
Did you make any progress with the installation? (have denali split on the way myself)
A documented install may be found here:

Also,wiring kit may help:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts