GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've always used thicker grips on my road and dirt bikes, as my hands tend to get sore otherwise. My SV had Oxford heated grips, which were naturally thicker because of the heating element inside.

The problem is that I'm struggling to find anything decent in local bike shops, and will probably have to look online.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations of grips that you like which are thicker than OEM, please?

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,609 Posts
You might like to try Grip Puppies" just google it up. They are a foam type sleeve to push on your existing grips.
I had to use them at one time when my hands were bad. The only problem is no street cred/bling factor.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the local Australian version, "Pu55y Grips". I can buy a pair for $19, and pick them up on the way home (as I ride past the warehouse daily). I don't care about bling, especially on my handlebars, so I might give them a go as a cheap option. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I found the foam over-grips to be the perfect solution. I'm not sure I can do much with the heated grips though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had my first commute today with the overgrips fitted. Not a bad solution, though rain is likely to be an issue (having had foam grips in the past, this was always the primary concern). Anyway, problem solved for now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the puppies I put on my bike a couple months ago. It was actually the first "mod" I had done. My hands still go numb after an hour or so, but the extra diameter helps with cramping. They're nice and thick and pretty firm, not 'squishy' like you'd think foam would feel. Nice and dense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts