GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just stumbled apon what I believe to be the cheapest exhaust system for our bikes...

I’m getting a total of £515 with shipping, that’s not bad at all and I’m quite interested... if I can get my money back from Paul that is

I like that black widow has so many slip ons to choice from I like the short small cans, Taylor made slip on would be my first choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
friend of mine just got one for her gsxs 750, she said it is really nice, good quality, the pipes is larger than the stock one and 3-5lbs lighter, but ss headers, not titanium, again its a gsxs750, she also got the yosh R11 slip on from japan, its awesome looking exhaust tip,

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
friend of mine just got one for her gsxs 750, she said it is really nice, good quality, the pipes is larger than the stock one and 3-5lbs lighter, but ss headers, not titanium, again its a gsxs750, she also got the yosh R11 slip on from japan, its awesome looking exhaust tip,

What’s the problem with stainless headers? I do like the look of the exhaust I’ll probably buy them if I get money back from PayPal

·
Registered
674 Posts

What’s the problem with stainless headers? I do like the look of the exhaust I’ll probably buy them if I get money back from PayPal

Most are made from stainless. Titanium is lighter and costs a fortune. As far as my research suggests, the black widow are considered a budget option. The fit and finish is below arrow/yoshi/m4. I'm sure they are fine. They do have short secondaries like the stock and when fitted and tuned will still present the mid rpm torque dip. Plenty have fitted them and I'm sure they are perfectly happy with them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Most are made from stainless. Titanium is lighter and costs a fortune. As far as my research suggests, the black widow are considered a budget option. The fit and finish is below arrow/yoshi/m4. I'm sure they are fine. They do have short secondaries like the stock and when fitted and tuned will still present the mid rpm torque dip. Plenty have fitted them and I'm sure they are perfectly happy with them.
i got a set to compare to mine, they do leave the hole in midrange delivery, i modded mine to boost the torque delivery, they then worked well, i did a write up - exhaust systems torque variations-

·
Registered
674 Posts
i got a set to compare to mine, they do leave the hole in midrange delivery, i modded mine to boost the torque delivery, they then worked well, i did a write up - exhaust systems torque variations-
I just read through that thread. Thanks for the info, it really came up a treat.
If i had a black widow i would consider the mod or even getting one custom fabricated.
If i had never sent money to Paul, I'd definitely do it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just read through that thread. Thanks for the info, it really came up a treat.
If i had a black widow i would consider the mod or even getting one custom fabricated.
If i had never sent money to Paul, I'd definitely do it.
I'd go for the M4 system as it works well straight away without a flash of the ECU. For even better power and torque the system length needs to be longer, hence me fitting a custom link pipe and longer silencer and reflashing again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Black widow , you get what you pay for .. I've heard that they corrode ... I know someone selling letex headers for our bike for 205 pounds sterling .

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just had a qualified mechanic fit the black widows to my 2016 GSXS1000F; it took him 3 hours but the kit was comprehensive and the pipes really well made. I used the standard OEM exhaust slip on. The result is amazing. At idle and low speeds it will pass the test of vigilant police or neighbours, but once you open it up the roar is fantastic, and the bike goes a lot quicker (or at least sounds like it is) . I am really impressed with them. Because they do not have the interconnecting pipes between the headers, which the mechanic says was to stop the crackle and pop, it does crackle and pop when you back off, but that sounds great too. I recommend them and don't accept the armchair criticisms; they appear to be identical to the Yoshimura sets, but one third the price.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just had a qualified mechanic fit the black widows to my 2016 GSXS1000F; it took him 3 hours but the kit was comprehensive and the pipes really well made. I used the standard OEM exhaust slip on. The result is amazing. At idle and low speeds it will pass the test of vigilant police or neighbours, but once you open it up the roar is fantastic, and the bike goes a lot quicker (or at least sounds like it is) . I am really impressed with them. Because they do not have the interconnecting pipes between the headers, which the mechanic says was to stop the crackle and pop, it does crackle and pop when you back off, but that sounds great too. I recommend them and don't accept the armchair criticisms; they appear to be identical to the Yoshimura sets, but one third the price.
Time to do a sound clip or 2 and add it to that other thread. :)

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just fitted my own BW headers, like you love the result, they are a local company to me and do a great range. Great service as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just fitted my own BW headers, like you love the result, they are a local company to me and do a great range. Great service as well.
Yes, a lot of armchair critics on this site, but none of them are like us and had them fitted. There is a spigot for the lambda sensor and I used a healtech exup valve eliminator; they sound great with the OEM pipe, and I am feeling they give a little more power

·
Registered
195 Posts
Black widow , you get what you pay for .. I've heard that they corrode ... I know someone selling letex headers for our bike for 205 pounds sterling .
That hearsay about corrosion is bullcrap; they are identical to Yoshimura's , one third the price and they sound great; also the finish is excellent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys,

Just stumbled apon what I believe to be the cheapest exhaust system for our bikes...

I’m getting a total of £515 with shipping, that’s not bad at all and I’m quite interested... if I can get my money back from Paul that is

I like that black widow has so many slip ons to choice from I like the short small cans, Taylor made slip on would be my first choice

Made in England. A 4-2-1 system a chap using the name temporary kiwi on here uses widow headers and his own bigger bore longer secondary pipes i think. He reckons the widow header for the price ate good bigger bore than standard headers. Another company also based in England lextec do systems for this also as 4-2-1 with a wide range of cans. The lextec though don't have sucj a big bore header as the widow but contact them as they may have updated them to a bigger bore
Bit they aren't made in England.
Black widow are also polished

·
Registered
189 Posts
That hearsay about corrosion is bullcrap; they are identical to Yoshimura's , one third the price and they sound great; also the finish is excellent
Black widow imports Chinese Steel (notorious shortcuts in the ore processing in this country) vs yoshis japanese Steel.

I've had a black widow setup & **** , never again. You Get what you pay for & Cheap is as Cheap Does ; Cheaply .

But if your happy then everyones a winner , I really like my GSXS so that BW sh!te aint coming near me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts