GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I wanna change my bike over to black eventually but I’m guessing fairings would be a lot of money from the dealer!

GSX-S1000F
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
197 Posts
paint em., those few pieces prob be like 400-500 bucks for professional paint job. I did it on mine, the black had silver flake in it, they put silver flake on the blue I painted, was a good match.

can pick any color you want. only thing different is they removed the Suzuki decals on the bottom belly on mine because, well cant spray over them. I preferred the bike without the Suzuki labeling myself, but you can re add Suzuki vinyl if you want or decal.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Bicycle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paint em., those few pieces prob be like 400-500 bucks for professional paint job. I did it on mine, the black had silver flake in it, they put silver flake on the blue I painted, was a good match.

can pick any color you want. only thing different is they removed the Suzuki decals on the bottom belly on mine because, well cant spray over them. I preferred the bike without the Suzuki labeling myself, but you can re add Suzuki vinyl if you want or decal.
I've been recommended a paint job a few times, but once you go down the route of buying the decals and lining them up etc it's probably not much cheaper and a lot of hassle vs just buying the fairings?

·
Registered
197 Posts
what do you mean, it took me 15 minutes to pull off the fairings. 15 minutes to re assemble.

I mean its 1 decal. it isnt hard, id just buy Suzuki vinyl, 5 bucks, last lifetime of bike. can pull them off easy enough. I liked the look of the Suzuki being gone, theres a badge right on the other fender with Suzuki emblem. lol

its just a sticker. nothing hard about it

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you mean, it took me 15 minutes to pull off the fairings. 15 minutes to re assemble.

I mean its 1 decal. it isnt hard, id just buy Suzuki vinyl, 5 bucks, last lifetime of bike. can pull them off easy enough. I liked the look of the Suzuki being gone, theres a badge right on the other fender with Suzuki emblem. lol

its just a sticker. nothing hard about it
I'm looking at getting an air compressor soon, so might be worth spraying them myself.. thanks for the affirmation it's an easy job.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm looking at getting an air compressor soon, so might be worth spraying them myself.. thanks for the affirmation it's an easy job.
im not a painter by any means, but the work I got was beautiful. I got 1500 off the bike so 500 for a paint job to make it mine was not big deal. if they messed it up, I would just tell them redo it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts