1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
479 Posts

Attachments

·
Administrator
479 Posts
They look decent....what's braking like with them as people say less surface area etc..
Bike braking is excellent; far superior to factory.
Whether it is due to the rotors (unknown) and / or the better brake pads and / or the Galfer braided brake lines, I cannot say as I did all 3 projects at once. I mostly did the rotors for the visual appeal.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike braking is excellent; far superior to factory.
Whether it is due to the rotors (unknown) and / or the better brake pads and / or the Galfer braided brake lines, I cannot say as I did all 3 projects at once. I mostly did the rotors for the visual appeal.
Yeah I am.doing discs for visual appeal.too...(****ty I know but hey..)....but I also have some sintered race pads to go in front and sintered street pads for rear....and all these to go on some galespeed wheels that are sitting brand new in my garage as I have had a Che on getting a new rear sprocket as the fitment is different to standard gsxs sprocket if I remember the hub centre is 80mm so.got an alloy blank and having it machined to fit....I had order galfer discs but that was over 8 weeks ago and still no sign of turning up!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I am.doing discs for visual appeal.too...(****ty I know but hey..)....but I also have some sintered race pads to go in front and sintered street pads for rear....and all these to go on some galespeed wheels that are sitting brand new in my garage as I have had a Che on getting a new rear sprocket as the fitment is different to standard gsxs sprocket if I remember the hub centre is 80mm so.got an alloy blank and having it machined to fit....I had order galfer discs but that was over 8 weeks ago and still no sign of turning up!!!
@gixxerLee

Which wheels do you have on order? I have plans to have my stock wheels powdercoated gloss black because I don't really care for the original color, but I also looked into replacing them altogether and I'm curious what you chose. I've seen some pictures of GSX-S1000's online with aftermarket wheels and some of them look incredible.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@gixxerLee

Which wheels do you have on order? I have plans to have my stock wheels powdercoated gloss black because I don't really care for the original color, but I also looked into replacing them altogether and I'm curious what you chose. I've seen some pictures of GSX-S1000's online with aftermarket wheels and some of them look incredible.
I decided to buy new wheels.cos my.orignials where tatty and chipped was gonna powder.coat.them but decided against it as I just spent last few month's giving bike a full makeover as I aren't selling it anytime soon...so thought new wheels!...
I bought galespeed gp1s wheels....sprocket fitment is non standard as its larger diameter on rear hub...so having one custom made...galespeed make.one to fit but I aren't keen on it...I don't have them fitted yet as I I sorting out sprocket still and brake discs

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I decided to buy new wheels.cos my.orignials where tatty and chipped was gonna powder.coat.them but decided against it as I just spent last few month's giving bike a full makeover as I aren't selling it anytime soon...so thought new wheels!...
I bought galespeed gp1s wheels....sprocket fitment is non standard as its larger diameter on rear hub...so having one custom made...galespeed make.one to fit but I aren't keen on it...I don't have them fitted yet as I I sorting out sprocket still and brake discs
@gixxerLee

Those things are beautiful! I hope you post pics once you get everything sorted and get them on!

BTW, I love the carbon front fender on your bike. Do you remember where you bought it from? I've seen a few different ones on eBay, but I'm not sure which one is the best quality. If you've ever seen an old carbon fiber hood on a car that's been exposed to the sun, you'll know what I mean. Turns yellow and looks terrible. Don't want a poor quality fender that ends up doing the same.

Do you have any videos of your bike online? I've seen a guy by the name of "Lee Dowd" on YouTube. He posted a video replacing his front brake pads and he's got carbon fork covers on his front forks. Would like to find out where they came from and was wondering if that might be you?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@gixxerLee

Those things are beautiful! I hope you post pics once you get everything sorted and get them on!

BTW, I love the carbon front fender on your bike. Do you remember where you bought it from? I've seen a few different ones on eBay, but I'm not sure which one is the best quality. If you've ever seen an old carbon fiber hood on a car that's been exposed to the sun, you'll know what I mean. Turns yellow and looks terrible. Don't want a poor quality fender that ends up doing the same.

Do you have any videos of your bike online? I've seen a guy by the name of "Lee Dowd" on YouTube. He posted a video replacing his front brake pads and he's got carbon fork covers on his front forks. Would like to find out where they came from and was wondering if that might be you?
Hi pal, thanks for the compliments, unfortunately Lee Dowd isn't me there's 2 videos of my bike on you tube, just start up videos when I got the austin racing can fitted...
The carbon I just got off ebay can't remember who was the seller now...I have carbon all over it and it has all been good quality from different sellers...the tank carbon came from the US
I will def put some pictures up once bike is fully. Complete....just the wheels do get on with discs and chain....then thats it ....lots done since I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi pal, thanks for the compliments, unfortunately Lee Dowd isn't me there's 2 videos of my bike on you tube, just start up videos when I got the austin racing can fitted...
The carbon I just got off ebay can't remember who was the seller now...I have carbon all over it and it has all been good quality from different sellers...the tank carbon came from the US
I will def put some pictures up once bike is fully. Complete....just the wheels do get on with discs and chain....then thats it ....lots done since I bought it.

Gotcha. Bike looks great with all the carbon pieces. Can't wait to see how the wheels look on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts