GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps, looking for recommendations for a lightweight armoured jacket for the summer doesn鈥檛 have to be fancy, I have a nice heavyweight Gore-Tex jacket but would be nice to have something a bit more lightweight and airy to throw on :)

cheers in advance 馃憣

Registered
I use an Apex mesh from Cycle Gear. Was really reasonably priced and has worked well. One thing is it has an inner rain liner, which also makes it warmer if the weather or altitude change causes a temperature drop. Has kept the ride pleasant a few times in the mountains with the liner added.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies 馃憤.

Liking the look of this dianese air crono 2 jacket in black with white to match my phantom bike colour.

what summer trousers are you using in combo with it ?

Registered
I don't typically wear riding pants, just regular jeans. I have a pair but I cannot recommended nor remember the name since I've not used them in more than a year.
EDIT: I just took a look, my pants are dianese new drake air. I only used them for weekend back roads riding or long trips, they worked good for that. I wouldn't want to use them for daily riding though.

Registered
I have the RST Ventilator jacket and trouser combo. They have Sinaqa liners for waterproofing and another quilted liner for winter. Comes with back, shoulders and elbow armour, and knee armour in the trousers. When it gets really warm I use my Revit Airwave combo (had to buy the back protector separately). Both are reasonably priced.

Registered
I just bought this jacket. It has so much air flow! Very comfortable! Plan to wear on those 85 degree and up days. Has good armor. Has good protection in high impact areas. Chest is pretty much all mesh which is why it has so much air flow but it鈥檚 a trade off for sure.

Registered
Been using Joe Rocket stuff since it came out. The newest one has all the removable armor, including back protector, zippered cuffs along with velcro, warm weather and water proof liners and the long cut tailbone protector. Choice of all the colors and inexpensive.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of good recommendations here, cheers guys, will be going to my local bike shop that seems to have most of your recommendations instock so I can try them on :) 馃挭馃弽

1 - 11 of 11 Posts