GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Anyone recommend a Tail bag

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GSX-S1K 
#1 ·
Hi, can anyone recommend a tailbag?

I'm looking for one that is most importantly not going to rub the bodywork! But can also carry a drink, disc lock etc nothing massive. I find the small space under the rear seat a bit restrictive on what I can carry on longish trips.
I've got a givi 30l box for longer trips but just looking for something I can chuck on.

Thanks Rich

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
It fits pretty well. It does have two straps that tuck away under the pillion. It hangs just a bit over the paint rear of the pillion but doesn't touch it I believe. It stays fairly well-put, probably more-so if I'd just tighten it down more. Sometimes I feel it touching my back but it certainly doesn't cause me to move. I really like it.

PS... where in Jersey? I'm from Burlington County, Delran to be specific.

#4 ·
I bought the 1060 but found it fits the rear seat of my SV650 much better than the GSX-S. If I move it forward so it doesn't rub the paint, it hangs over the front of the rear seat and pushes me towards the tank more. Moving it back allows it to rub on the paint. If you are skinny, moving it forward might work for you.

#6 ·
I live in Somerset County.....a bit north. There are some decent riding roads here and to the north and west.

Thanks for the feedback. I am laid up with a broken hand right now but hope to be back in the saddle in 2-3 weeks. Time to shop tail bags with my downtime. Got new riding pants last week..lol. I also have SV so it would get some duty there too.

#7 ·
Hi, can anyone recommend a tailbag?

I'm looking for one that is most importantly not going to rub the bodywork! But can also carry a drink, disc lock etc nothing massive. I find the small space under the rear seat a bit restrictive on what I can carry on longish trips.
I've got a givi 30l box for longer trips but just looking for something I can chuck on.

Thanks Rich

Kriega bags are great

post #7 of 11

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all your replies.
Tbh nothing so far seams to suit my needs that well, after all i only want to carry small items i cant fit in my jacket and dont want to land on incase of an off.
I've decided to go with the smallest one i could find for now. It's pictured on the back of a z800 witch has a pretty small pillion seat and doesn't go anywhere near the paint, also it's a hard (kind of) type.
It will take a while to arrive so I will keep the thread updated one I get it

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282105100538

#12 ·
That looks like a nice bag. Plus, I do like the color of your motorcycle. ;)

This suggestion may be more than you need, but ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.