GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
intrigued by the 1000F, but would want to "sport it up" a little bit, position-wise. not quite GSX-R levels, but somewhere in between.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why you would want to put clip ons on an F i have no idea.:eek:

I have looked into putting rearsets on,not so much to sport it up but more to get a riding position that suits my physical size.

Bonamici do reasonably priced ones but apart from them i can only find Lightech(expensive) sato racing(more expensive) that do rear sets for the gsxs.

I may not bother and put the money to a quality rear shock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why you would want to put clip ons on an F i have no idea.:eek:
VANITY!!! :cool:

i'm thinking riser clip-ons -- maybe +2.5" of height so the position wouldnt change too much. definitely not racing clip-ons!

honestly, the fairing limits how low you might be able to run clipons anyway. just like my SV.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was thinking of installing some 1 1/8 clubman bars to give that clipon position. (I couldnt be arsed replacing the top clamp). I test fitted a set of 7/8 club mans just to check clearances. But because of the tank and shroud fairings on the naked, I found that it would make contact no matter which way I rotated them. Another option is to install Fat bar drag bars. I can imagine this will lower it quite a bit and will not hit the fairings. Something like this: https://revivalcycles.com/collectio...sl-drag-bar-aluminum-fat-bar-handlebars-1-1-8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts