GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

Registered
I have a Goldwing for traveling and I just recently acquired a 2016 GSXS 1000 from a friend for speed thrills. But I would possibly like a Harley Fat Bob to round out my collection of different riding styles. I know my other 2 choices are not probably forum friendly, but I am the guy that if you are on 2 wheels whatever that may be I wave when I go by.
I don鈥檛 let my prejudices stop me from waving at all motorcycles and scooters. But I don鈥檛 get the Harley thing LOL 馃槤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have a Goldwing for traveling and I just recently acquired a 2016 GSXS 1000 from a friend for speed thrills. But I would possibly like a Harley Fat Bob to round out my collection of different riding styles. I know my other 2 choices are not probably forum friendly, but I am the guy that if you are on 2 wheels whatever that may be I wave when I go by.
I have no qualms with any kinda 2 wheeled stuff. I've had a collection of bicycles that puts my MC addiction to shame. Anything on two wheels! I've never really seen a Harley that made me want it, but for cruisers / V-twins, I do like the looks of the Honda Rebel 1100 (kinda fond of Honda's ever since my Honda Magna V4). I also wanted a Honda Valk for a lot of years, and came very close to buying one, but the dealer wouldn't deal. But now, I just don't think I want anything that heavy. I just wanna jump on and have fun doing shorter hops, commutes and an occasional blast through the canyons. ;)

Registered
I have no qualms with any kinda 2 wheeled stuff. I've had a collection of bicycles that puts my MC addiction to shame. Anything on two wheels! I've never really seen a Harley that made me want it, but for cruisers / V-twins, I do like the looks of the Honda Rebel 1100 (kinda fond of Honda's ever since my Honda Magna V4). I also wanted a Honda Valk for a lot of years, and came very close to buying one, but the dealer wouldn't deal. But now, I just don't think I want anything that heavy. I just wanna jump on and have fun doing shorter hops, commutes and an occasional blast through the canyons. ;)
rebel would be fun for sure

Registered
I don鈥檛 let my prejudices stop me from waving at all motorcycles and scooters. But I don鈥檛 get the Harley thing LOL 馃槤
I don't normally dig the Harley thing either, but the Fat Bob is speaking to me. LOL

Attachments

Registered
My mom gave me the Harley, it was dropped beat up abused didn鈥檛 run. I only have less than 2k in it. It feels like a little scooter for me and my gf. Get like 55mpg. Isn鈥檛 the fastest in world but does quite well.

but I wouldn鈥檛 buy one new or anything. This is a gift so I can鈥檛 sell it either, means a lot to my mom

Registered
My mom gave me the Harley, it was dropped beat up abused didn鈥檛 run. I only have less than 2k in it. It feels like a little scooter for me and my gf. Get like 55mpg. Isn鈥檛 the fastest in world but does quite well.

but I wouldn鈥檛 buy one new or anything. This is a gift so I can鈥檛 sell it either, means a lot to my mom
you cannot beat free for sure.

Reactions: mike d

Registered
Have been thinking of a change for a while, BMW R1200/1250 maybe, depends on how the extra weight feels, or something a bit cruisery, still missing my Victory really and not needing the big power the GSXS gives any more, Triumph Thunderbird maybe or Harley softail. Will have to hit the test ride trail once the awful weather is passed.

Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
Heart is saying to go back to a sportsbike, probably BMW for a change, knees and back say stay on a naked, whilst head says wait a year and see if they put the new dash on the gixxus.
LOL, seem like they're listening to us, and others!!
I just bought this great bike we have, and can't think of a better bike for me!! IMO.. :)
2019 W/563 miles in May of this year, and now has 65 hundred miles and climbing fast....

Reactions: mike d

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I agree it's a fantastic bike, but... I'm one of those guys that has to try something new everynow and then, and tweak my search parameters for my needs. 馃槈

Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
I agree it's a fantastic bike, but... I'm one of those guys that has to try something new everynow and then, and tweak my search parameters for my needs. 馃槈
LOL, I hear ya friend!! I'm just the opposite, I find something I like, I hold onto it. They're paid for, why not?

Registered
Have been thinking of a change for a while, BMW R1200/1250 maybe, depends on how the extra weight feels, or something a bit cruisery, still missing my Victory really and not needing the big power the GSXS gives any more, Triumph Thunderbird maybe or Harley softail. Will have to hit the test ride trail once the awful weather is passed.
I had a test ride back in the summer on a r1250. Only a couple of years old with low miles. Guy was selling it cheap. Can鈥檛 say as I liked it at all. It was a sofa, sloppy suspension, clunky gear change. Not impressed at all. If you want to ride across country in comfort, then I guess that鈥檚 what its made for. But for general riding I would find it very unrewarding.

Years ago I rode an R1100s. Now that was a bmw I liked!

Registered
Likely a Yamaha Tenere 700 or a KTM 690 Enduro R. Probably the former over the latter for practicality.
This fall I bought another new dr650.....my choices were a Husky 701, ktm 690r and the tenere....I went with the dr because it has 5 year warranty....I bought it for $5999 and now have put another $5000 into it.....all new suspension and tons of upgrades....I have a bike that is still cheaper than those three bikes and way more reliable...the tenere is a close second but i do lots of off road and the DR is a lot lighter.....especially with my upgrades.

Banned
I have no doubt it will be....Not going to wait to see them first....I have a feeling it will be hard to get one.
here in the states you can get one you may have to wait but dealerships will trade bikes with each other,,, i would bet there will be a few leftovers next year.. consider the market no kid will want one..none of the drag goons will want one.. most tour riders get Bmw or Gold wings - the hotshots want the H2SX .. the Fjr guys will stay FJR so its the ninja1k or suzuki gt....

21 - 40 of 78 Posts