GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm considering an ECU Flash kit to deal with the snatchy ride feeling I occasionally sense when riding slow speeds at a constant speed (less than 27 mph).

I've never had traction control or ABS (or other electronics) in the middle of the machine and I. I may be confusing some of the feedback. For instance sometimes I don't notice the snatchy response when I select the highest traction control. This is in the city between regularly occurring and frequent traffic lights.

Anyways, I thought I would reach out and ask.....

Thank you

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I don't think traction control in any setting makes a difference when it comes to snatchy throttle. If you have a snatchy throttle on your bike it would be present all the time, regardless of traction mode.

How many miles have you put on your GSXS?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Reach for the search button its been covered

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 600 miles and have had the first service. It does seem a little better since the first service. I'm not sure if they did anything special. I described the issue and after the service was told to,"Ride the bike like I stole it." I was also told "The bike is not meant to be ridden slow." I'm no mechanic and am not even sure I'm correctly describing the throttle as the issue. Maybe it's more of a "jerky ride" thing??? But only sub 27mph.....

Thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I have 600 miles and have had the first service. It does seem a little better since the first service. I'm not sure if they did anything special. I described the issue and after the service was told to,"Ride the bike like I stole it." I was also told "The bike is not meant to be ridden slow." I'm no mechanic and am not even sure I'm correctly describing the throttle as the issue. Maybe it's more of a "jerky ride" thing??? But only sub 27mph.....

Thanks for your time
I've never had the problem, I can ride my bike in 1st at 10mph all day long, no issues.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Daveman, I had to take a bunch of slack out of the throttle in mine when it was delivered. Yes the throttle is very "responsive" but mine would hold a steady speed (in fact will go through a 15-mph school zone in 6th gear-ha try that Mr. Superduke :) ). And it has seemed to improve with miles (4300 currently). If this is still a problem, I'm told to check the throttle position indicator (TPI) adjustment?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My bike is also rough under 35 mph, but, has improved with mileage. I now have almost 3000 miles on it and like it more with each mile. I plan on an ECU flash in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts