GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine has had it done. Quite expensive, and for me it's quite a travel (nearly 1 hours ride away!) to get it flashed, which makes the tuner really inaccessible for me IMHO.

But TBH it's been quite a good upgrade. The bike is silky smooth, i have no issues what so ever in terms of fueling, although it does.... gargle slightly, but it's not noticeable in terms of performance, just noise.

·
Registered
164 Posts
m0n4g3, Don't want to step on sensitivities, but how much more than the $449 chip are we looking at? And does it have any noticeable drop in fuel mileage? Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's 2 methods of flashing. There's the mail-in flash with a base flash to disable all the stuff and if you have any mods you let them know and they account for that. That's 450.

I got mine dyno tuned at the same time and that's $800.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's 2 methods of flashing. There's the mail-in flash with a base flash to disable all the stuff and if you have any mods you let them know and they account for that. That's 450.

I got mine dyno tuned at the same time and that's $800.
How are the gains? Did you get a dyno sheet?

·
Registered
171 Posts

The dyno used is renowned for reading ultra low.

Estimated dynojet readings below suggests it could be pulling 150hp.

·
Registered
111 Posts

The dyno used is renowned for reading ultra low.

Estimated dynojet readings below suggests it could be pulling 150hp.
I'm not so much worried about the numbers as i was curious to see the gains in power under the curve. Looks like a nice improvement!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks, that's with the airbox restrictor removed, stock air filter, decat/demuffler with a custom mid pipe, and that's about it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts